Chapter 21

He wanted to ask, how was Brother Xiaoshan unreliable? But thinking about it, according to his records, he was actually pretty unreliable. His dad was right, Brother Xiaoshan was different from him. He was successful in the romance department just on the basis of his charm, and did not need to spend a single cent. If he truly wanted to settle down, he would have done so long ago. What "never considered about what he wanted in a lover because of work", that was only a crappy excuse that wouldn't work even on him. Gu Xiaoshan clearly had not played enough, and did not want to settle down.

Also, Brother Xiaoshan had made it very clearly. He did not like people of his type, he thought he was too stupid.

When Renzi thought of it this way, he realised his romance was doomed.

And the conclusion of this matter was, for the first time, never before happened, an unprecedented incident, in Renzi's life, he - had insomnia.

Tossing and turning, there was only one thing in his mind - searching through the crowd, and there he stood - a line from the poems Renzi had forcefully crammed into his head while studying suddenly appeared. Those meaningful words were like a seed buried in the dirt, sprouting with the arrival of spring. His heart ached.

Renzi could not sleep, and wanted to go onto the balcony. He used to mock the ancient poets, that they were sick, looking at the moon in the middle of the night! Now, he was the one who was sick. Sitting on a deckchair at the balcony, he looked up at the full, round moon, while his heart was missing a piece.

"It hurts." Renzi rubbed his chest, "It really fucking hurts."

As Renzi was sighing away, he noticed a tiny red glow in the corner of his eyes. Turning his head, he discovered that the source of light was from a cigar. His dad was smoking the cigar on the balcony next door. Supporting himself on the railing, he leaned over them and yelled, "Dad! You can't sleep too?"

When he saw Renzi, he huffed, "Why do you think I can't sleep?"

Renzi immediately shrank, and could not say a word.

Old Mister Yu continued, "Why are you still not sleeping? What game are you playing?"

Renzi explained, "I'm not playing any games, I'm lovesick."

Hearing that, Old Mister Yu's headache worsened. Damn, this unlucky child actually can't fall asleep? It's a big problem this time.

Renzi's abnormal behaviour persisted, and he did not get a good rest over the next few nights. Even in the day, he only walked around listlessly. No one had ever seen him like this before. Old Mister Yu felt his heart ached looking at him, and tried to think of ways to cheer Renzi up. He scrolled through Renzi's social media accounts, and saw that he had a post a month ago, saying that he wanted to eat a certain brand of macaron from Paris, but as he was unable to go to France for the time being, he could only crave it. Old Mister Yu immediately summoned the butler, "Quick, get someone to deliver those macarons here!"

The butler replied, "This? At the end of last month, Young Master Gu had already sent them over. Second Young Master had so many that he's now sick of them."

Old Mister Yu was taken aback. He thought for a moment, "Then, what about that sports car Renzi liked? It wasn't able to go through customs then, has it been settled yet?"

"That? Young Master Gu has also dealt with it already. It has long passed the customs, and is sitting in our garage right now."

Old Mister Yu flew up in a rage, "Fuck! This unlucky child! Then, is there anything else that our Second Young Master likes?"

The butler was at a loss. "Anything that Second Young Master likes, he'll get it himself. If he can't get it, Young Master Gu would get it for him. Second Young Master doesn't lack anything."