20 | Little late, ain't it

"That feeling when you don't even know what you're feeling"
-unknown
______________________________

Kiara Athena Carpenter

"Clara didn't make it"

As those words rolled off my tongue it all felt real. She was gone. She was dead. Everything was fine. Until it wasn't. I could feel Dominic's hold on me weaken.

I should've never left that fucking hospital.

Apparently she had internal bleeding in her brain which wasn't detected until she had a seizure. They stabled her but 10 minutes later she had another one in her sleep and died.

Lorenzo was the one that called me. He told me that she had a reoccurring headache throughout the day and she was planning on bringing it up with me so that I can talk to the doctor.

Obviously I never made it to the hospital and that cost Clara her life. She died because of me.

Lorenzo has never yelled at me like that. His words were piercing. His words were harsh. He was in pain and he poured it all out on me.

"How?" Dominic whispers still not fully letting me go. "She had internal bleeding and they didn't detect it. She had headaches which she wanted to tell me about when I went to visit her but I never went so she had a seizure and the second one killed her. I'm so sorry. I killed your sister" I rambled. "I killed her" I whisper as I pull out of Dominic's embrace.

He has tears in his eyes and he doesn't look at me. I can feel myself drift away but this isn't about me. This is about Dom and Enz and Clara. If I were to fall apart now I would be a bad friend. I would be a bad person.

Don't be an attention seeker

This isn't about you

You killed her

Murderer

Selfish

Leave.

They don't want to see you.

Leave.

So I did. I grabbed my car keys and went. First to the hospital and then as far away from them as possible.

I was probably breaking every traffic law ever as my car basically flew in the direction of the hospital.

I went in. The doctors explained the full thing in details and let me see her for one last time. I was almost ready to leave. I just had to see Lorenzo.

"Enz...I'm so sorry" I said on the doorway. He turned to look at me. "Why are you here? Little late ain't it?" he spits. "Dom is on his way" I say about to turn around. "He won't forgive you this time" Lorenzo speaks.

I look at him. "He won't forgive this. I won't forgive this. We are all done. I bet they never want to see you again. I know I don't" he says.

His words ring in my ears and find their seat on the carousel that is my mind. "I'm sorry" I whisper leaving.

If he never wants to see me again. So be it.