2 | Fuck hope

Kiara Athena Carpenter

Marcus Robert Wesling

His green eyes used to make me somewhat happy. We used to go bowling and do what normal people do.

He brought me my homework for homeschool. And he was really great. After I ran away I needed friends.

But then I found out he is the one that tried to kill Elijah. It was all over the news.

They called it the mafia curse in the underworld.

Basically something always happens to the youngest kid. In our case kids. Twins.

Whoever it was (Marcus) drugged my twin's drink and wanted to hang him. Make it look like a suicide.
Of course he fucking failed since he used a shitty drug and Elijah could smell it.

He drank it though. Who knows why. I do. He sometimes does stupid shit. He is depressed.

I visited him in the hospital. Nobody knows about it though. Only he does. I think.

**Flashback**

He was lying in the hospital bed. I looked at him.
It was hella risky for me to be here. But when I heard about how stupidly he had drank that drink, I knew what had happened.

Just needed confirmation.

"Elijah." I say quietly. He opened his eyes slowly. "Kie?" I didn't bother correcting him.

"It's a dream" I say making sure he doesn't get his hopes up. "Oh.." he mumbles.

"I miss you." he then says. "You're okay" I say patting him on the shoulder.

"I was hoping I wouldn't wake up. I can't live without you" he says cuddling up to me. I played with his hair for a while.

"Just a little longer Eli" I whisper.

I hear footsteps approaching the room. I get up and he groans.

I ran. Ran to my car. Drove away not looking back. Then I got drunk and hooked up with Leo, who accidentally happened to be at the same club as me.

***

He looked horrible. Like all of life had been wiped out of his eyes. I missed Elijah the most.

He needed me. But not enough. Not enough for me to feel needed.

"Hi Athena" our guest's voice echoes through my head bringing me back to the present. "Why the fuck are you shooting at my beautiful, expensive, bulletproof windows?" I ask him. He smirks like a predator.

"I was aiming at you amore" he says not taking his eyes off my fucking boobs. Reason 184938 why I hate men.

"Don't forget to fucking respect her" Dominic says, anger heavy on his face.

Elijah Atlas Carpenter

I don't know what to do anymore. Nothing is necessarily different. Yet everything is always changing.

My words don't matter anymore. This house has a whole another aura. Yes, Kie was a psycho bitch the last time she was here but she made it home.