✧ Chapter 4 ✧

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why did it had to be you?!?!"

Her eyes widen as those 7 words left his lips. Wondering what she did for him to say such words that left her in shock. "I-I-I don't understand..." She says.

"You know what I mean!" He tries walking towards the front door and Marisol goes after him.

"Taemin! Wait!! Where are you going?!"

Taemin was now in the campus parking lot, making his way towards his car until he turns around. "Taemin! Let's talk!"

"For the past 2 weeks or so, my mind is filled with nothing but you 24/7!"

"Does he also feel the same?!" She thought to herself as she comes to a full stop.

"Why can't you just leave my damn mind?! Look at you! I envy you because you can on about your day while I'm struggling to comprehend why I feeling this way!" Taemin turns around, pulling his car keys out of his pocket.

"You think it's easy for me too?!?!" She blurts out loud and he detains himself from opening the car door.

"I was living a peaceful life! No drama or anything! That was until you come invading my mind! I tried ripping out of my mind by focusing on the things I love, but that didn't even work!!"

"I just want to come to terms with whatever it is that I'm feeling..." Marisol calms down. "Gosh, I can't believe I'm actually speaking my mind. It feels nice to be heard."

"Marisol...?"

Nothing but shivers ran down her body as her name slipped from the tip of his tongue. "Let me... drive you home." He responds in a cold voice.

Marisol was lowkey hoping for either a hug or a kiss from him, but of course, she'd gotten her hopes up. "I read too much romance books." She mumbles to herself.

"Sure." She says. "Let me just text my friend that I'm leaving..."

On the way home, the ride was filled utter silence as neither said a word to each other. Taemin parked his car in front of his driveway. Marisol took her seatbelt off and Taemin watches in disbelief as she opens the door on her own.

"Good night Taemin." She replies in a cold yet hurtful tone as she shuts the door and Taemin rolls his eyes as he gets off his car.

Marisol went inside her room, sobbing herself to sleep whilst Taemin sat at the edge of his bed, contemplating on whether he should of made a move. But instead, he felt like an asshole for not having the balls to do it.

~Several days later~

After their brawl they had that night, Marisol didn't felt like facing him because of how mortified she felt.

She rode her bike from work to ease her mind as she cycled throughout the city. With her mind being in a state of daze, she didn't see a small rock ahead of her and the wheel ran over the rock that punctured the tire, causing her to flip over.

"SHIT!!" It was rare for her to cuss, but when she was in pain, she utters the most foul word that she can come up with.

The bike lands on her. Her knee caps, her left arm, and cheek were completely scraped. "What did I do to deserve this?!" She lays flat onto the concrete as she kicks the bike off her.