Chapter 3

I felt completely frozen as I looked at the Japanese soldier in front of me.

He looked different from the Filipino people I was used to seeing. His face had unique features, with sharp eyes, lips shaped like a heart, and a small but well-defined nose.

His eyes were particularly captivating and beautiful.

"ここで何が起こったのですか?" Koko de nani ga okotta nodesu ka? (What happened here?) I quickly composed myself as I heard a man's voice shout from behind me.

"彼女に何をしているんですか?音が聞こえました。それは彼女のせいですか?" Kanojo ni nani o shite iru n desu ka? Oto ga kikoemashita. Sore wa kanojo no sei desu ka? (What are you doing to her? I heard a noise. Was it because of her?) I heard another man's voice coming from in front of us. I turned to look at them.

I was even more surprised when I saw two more soldiers coming towards us.

What's happening? Why are there Japanese soldiers here? Where is Tia Lorna and the rest of our colleagues???

Feeling nervous and scared as the two other Japanese soldiers approached, I suddenly felt weak and had trouble breathing.

I experienced a sudden weakness and found it increasingly difficult to breathe. Remaining on the floor for several minutes, my hands were firmly bound by the Japanese soldier.

I passed out and fell to the floor

"Mariela? dear wake up, how are you feeling?" I heard a woman's voice, she was holding my hand. I slowly opened my eyes and immediately saw Tia Lorna.

"Are you still in pain?" she asked with concern. I held my head as I suddenly felt the pain.

"Where am I? What happened?" I wondered aloud.

"You fainted in the hallway earlier, but luckily someone saw you and quickly brought you here," Tia Lorna explained.

I gently massaged my head. After a moment,a sudden memory flashed in my mind, and I stopped in surprise.

I suddenly remembered everything that happened. The Japanese soldier who chased me! He was the reason I passed out! And hold on a minute, how did I end up in this room? Who brought me here?

Oh my goodness!

Tia Lorna was surprised when I suddenly woke up from lying down. "Aunt Lorna, who brought me here?" I asked nervously. Tia Lorna took a deep breath and held my hand.

"Hija, please calm down. The Japanese soldiers saw you earlier, but luckily someone had the courage to pick you up and bring you here," Tia Lorna answered. My eyes widened even more when she mentioned that the Japanese soldiers had seen me.

But who among those soldiers carried me!?? I immediately grabbed my body and tapped my face. He can't touch my body!

"Mariela, are you alright?" Tia Lorna asked in surprise. It seems that she is surprised by my actions.

"Hija, don't worry. Those soldiers are kind. They immediately informed me when they saw you faint," she added. Tia Lorna's voice remained calm, as if the sudden arrival of the Japanese soldiers posed no concern for her.

"I told you that as long as you are with me here, nothing bad will happen to you. So, rest here for now, and if you need anything, just come to me in the other room," Tia Lorna bid farewell. I was about to say something, but she quickly walked away and left.