Chapter 6

It had been so long since he had seen her, Naruto, the person he had fallen in love with.

Her short blonde hair was now long enough to reach her wide and soft as silk but soaked with the rainwater that made her usually warm sun-kissed skin dull in the darkness of the night her beautiful baby blue eyes were now bloodshot.

Her pink plump lips were now cracked, and her voice was filled with hurt as she cried.

"How could you?!" Naruto stared at him, her tear-stained face contorted with anguish.

"You said you would wait for me. Was that all a lie?!" she cried again, her voice filled with hurt.

At that moment, his heart skipped a beat as lavender eyes opened, and a rush of memories flooded his mind. Hinata looked to the side, expecting to see her, but instead, he found someone else. Her hair wasn't blonde but light blue, and her skin wasn't warm as the sun but pale as snow.

The room is dimly lit, with the sound of raindrops tapping against the windowpane. Just like that night..., Hinata sits by the edge of the bed, gazing down at the woman lying there. He feels a mixture of emptiness and detachment.

Hinata's mind wanders back to a similar rainy day, it was a month ago when he thought about Naruto and their last conversation. He shakes the memory off along with the throbbing pain in his heart.

Hinata's expression stays distant as he pulls on his jacket, ready to leave. He doesn't hesitate and leaves. There's a silent understanding that he feels nothing toward her.

Without a word, Hinata turns away, his footsteps inaudible on the creaking floorboards. As he opens the bedroom door, a gust of wind blows in, causing the curtains to billow. The rain intensifies, echoing the turmoil within Hinata's heart.

Hinata steps out into the night, the raindrops drenching his clothes. He disappears into the darkness, leaving behind a void that matches the emptiness he feels inside.

~~~

The grand ballroom of the opulent mansion is abuzz with activity. Housekeepers and butlers, dressed impeccably in black and white, scurry around, arranging exquisite decorations and setting up tables adorned with fine China and crystal glasses. The chandeliers above, glistening with a thousand crystals, cast an ethereal glow across the room.

Outside, sleek, expensive cars line the driveway, chauffeurs standing by, ready to aid their distinguished guests. The atmosphere crackles with anticipation as the wives of two notorious mafia leaders, Kushina and Mikoto, oversee the preparations for their daughter Naruto's homecoming party after a long five-year journey.

Kushina, an elegant woman in her late forties, exudes an air of authority. Her dark eyes sparkle with a mix of pride and nervousness. She checks each arrangement meticulously, her sharp gaze lingering on the floral centerpieces.

"Make sure every detail is perfect. My sweet baby Naruto deserves nothing but the best." Kushina's said while adjusting a rose.

Rin, her trusted bodyguard, rushes over, her eyes wide with excitement.

"Kushina's, the guests are arriving. The Uchiha's have just pulled up." Kushina nods, her face composed, but a flicker of tension passes through her eyes. She straightens her posture and takes a deep breath, gathering her composure.

"Thank you, Rin. Inform the butlers to welcome our esteemed guests. And make sure the champagne is chilled to perfection."

Rin scurries off, and Kushina turns her attention to the final touches. The butlers move gracefully, arranging silverware and polishing glasses with precision. The room hums with an air of anticipation.