Chapter 12-Hallucinations?

Dr.Sandra smirked at my question.
"Why do you wanna know?"

*honestly I myself didn't know why I wanted to know all this. I blamed my curious personality for everything I was doing*

I shrugged my right shoulder and said, "I am curious"
She cleared her throat and said, "I am a psychiatrist dear" and then passed a smile more like a smirk to me.

I said, "me too" and she chuckled.

Her reactions were saying she knew the answer so I asked, "this means you know the reason, don't you?"

She shook her head, "I never said that, did I?"

I couldn't go more humble and I kept staring at her poker face with bewilderment.

"I don't know exactly why we don't have any information about the city.

I want to know too. And I thought you might have some clue for my answers. For that I need to know truely what were you doing at the site and why are you so curious to know about it" She doubted the bracelet story again.

I sighed in disappointment because I was out of words to explain myself and clear her doubt.

Before I could speak, the waiter returned with my tea and a cup of green drink for Dr. Sandra.

She took a sip from her drink and then looked back at my nervous face waiting for me to speak.

I had no other choice but to tell her the whole story starting from the blast to Seetamnari including The Hirmanians too.

She showed no wondrous expressions. After thoroughly listening to me she said,"you are a psychiatrist. Can you tell me the number of patients you have treated yet so far."

I was confused and embarrased at the same time because I was the only one among my fellows who had no history of real patient treatment.
Looking at my expression she recorrected the statement, "or you can just tell me how many of them you have worked upon"

It was even more embarrasing because I didn't even worked on a single real patient. I had spent most of my time with dummies.

The confusing part was why is she asking me that and what is the relation between my curiosity and patients treatment.

"I am not a consultant. I work on dummies that's what we 'the unprofessionals' are allowed to" I knew my statement wasn't making any sense.

She put her elbows on the table and joined her hands together with a leaning posture and said,"we both know that is a mere excuse.
There is a difference between introvert and social phobic"

The meeting turned from annual viva into a patient-psychiatrist session where Dr.Sandra, the world's best psychiatrist was diagnosing another psychiatrist as a patient.

She said I might have had hallucinations. According to her I was lacking interactions with people and hence I couldn't recognize those were hallucinations.

I didn't know about either Seetamnari or Hirmanians but she said I might have heard about them in childhood that is stored in a corner of my brain which was triggered by the energy waves from the blast.

She did make sense but I was still unwilling to accept that I had lost my nerves.

"As per my experience with time and history, it is not certain. Some stories are excluded intentionally from the record for multiple purposes.
I don't know why but I think this Seetamnari was right about Hirmanians. Although there must be some explanations to the super natural and the punishment part of the story but somehow maybe possibly this city belongs to the same kingdom" Dr.Sandra gave me the answer I wanted so badly, though it was just a theory.
The meeting wasnot a complete waste of time after all.

I was overwhelmed in disappointment and despair. I couldn't believe I fell for hallucinations the same way my hallucinating dummies did.

Four days spent in same mixed feelings. I started to look forward onto my health. And as per Dr.Sandra's prescription I started to go against my will and talk to more people. I realized I was too low on confidence and yeah I had social anxiety too.

I was sitting in an uncomfortable gathering with colleagues including Isaac. My phone vibrated with a notification received.
I opened my phone and got shocked when I saw the news of scientists planning to travel in time to the point where the city was alive.

And yes Dr.Sandra was included in the list. All this time they were working on the project and even meeting me was part of it.

The reasons for the travel were enlisted as,
1. To find out where they found the meteor.
2. How did they survive among it
3. How much they knew about it
4. How possibly they have used the meteor to become such civilized in so old.

They had collected enough energy from the surrounding vibrations that they were able to travel so long and the green chemists were speechless at their journey.

I was not satisfied with the reasons of their travel. They were using a very huge amount of energy over very tiny questions to be answered.

After meeting Dr.Sandra I knew she wouldn't be this stupid to be a part of such a senseless project.

I left my colleagues and walked out of the room into the hall. I called Dr.Sandra who's number was save in my contacts list.
Phone rang but she didn't pick up. I knew she must be busy so I stopped trying again and again thinking that she will approach me when she will be free.

I came back and sat beside the talking Gabriel.

"What happened?" Sam asked me interupting Gabriel's conversation.

Everyone looked at me, I was nervous and I couldn't let them know what happened, "nothing.... I think we should look forward onto Gabriel's idea. She is really good at convincing seniors", I changed the topic, and everyone started to agree with my decision forgetting the 'what happened' part.

I couldn't focus on what they were talking about exactly. The gathering dismissed shortly thereafter. I was still sitting in my position thinking about the project when my phone ranged.
I was blissed to see the name which was Dr.Sandra.
I picked it up, "hello"
After a moment of break I heard a masculine voice from the other side of line, "Hello, do you know the owner of the phone"
At first I thought she might have displaced her phone but the panic in the male's voice seemed like something was wrong.
I replied with a shaky voice, "y..yes.... why?"
"The person has met into a car accident, she is unconscious and severely injured", Goose bumps covered my whole body and male's voice echoed through my ears from the phone as he announced the accident.