What Happens Now?

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IMAGE IS COPYRIGHT TO ITS ORIGINAL OWNER

Chapter 14: What Happens Now?

With the city safe and the villainous Gideon dead by his own hubris, the family returns back home before anyone can find them.

Michelangelo was never the same when he returned to the lair as he immediately rushed to Ice Cream Kitty in her freezer and tearfully begged for her forgiveness for leaving her alone, much to the poor mutated cat's concern and confusion.

He even apologised to Chompy when Raphael was spotted, holding him before the alien pet just licks Mikey happily like he normally does with Raphael, oblivious to why Mikey is acting that way.

The family grow ever more concerned and once they got the young turtle to be examined by Donatello in his lab, the family gathered around him by the medical bed where Mikey rests for the time being.

Leo gave him a chocolate milkshake to cheer his baby brother up but Mikey just held it and took tiny sips miserably.

"My son, what do you see in that future?" Splinter gently cooed.

"I...I don't know if I should say...what if it comes true?" Mikey shuddered.

"Gideon is dead so there's no way now what you'd experienced will ever come true now" Donatello reassured:

"Timelines can change even in the future when you make certain choices"

"But what if I tell you guys what happened and our future will become even worse?!" Mikey panicked.

"We won't fall apart if you tell us, we'd promised" Raphael hushed his baby brother, stroking his head.

If only words can comfort Mikey but alas, action speaks louder than words and though he wants to tell them everything in hopes that they can make a better future, a part of him fears that revealing what he saw will cause the family to suffer worse than they did.

But with high hopes for a better outcome, he revealed everything:

How Gideon destroyed the city, blamed the mutants and exposed his family.

How he killed everyone of their friends including Karai, and injured Donnie in the process that night.

How Leo abandoned the family and became the ruthless Foot Leader.

How Donatello became a cybernetic turtle in hiding.

How Raphael became the cold vigilante, Nightwatcher

How Splinter died of a broken heart and illness

How everything Michelangelo went through in that timeline, especially losing his future brothers to Gideon, becoming the Last Ronin to kill the said villain, before by miracle, returns to his original timeline.

By the time he finished, fresh tears fell from his eyes and he dared look up to see the reactions of his present family alive.

Leonardo was horrified and felt sick for what he apparently did.

Donatello was distraught and examined his organic body, dreading the idea of being a cyborg.

Raphael looked away, appalled from what he had heard and shudders out the thought of him being a cold-blooded killer. Sure he had anger issues but to go as far as to murder, made Raph sick to the stomach.

Splinter was completely in dismay by what he heard as he looks at Leonardo mostly, and blames himself for not being a better father than he was a teacher.