[024] founders' day

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
founders' day
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

( founders' day, pt

( founders' day, pt. i )

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

*Outside Mystic Falls High School*

3rd Person POV.

Stefan searches for Elena among the many dressed-up students, teachers, and parents for the Founders' Day parade.

"Look at you, all retro," comes Damon's voice as he joins his brother.

"What are you doing here?" Stefan asks absentmindedly, not really in the mood to deal with his brother right now.

"Why wouldn't I be here?" Damon retorts. "Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention. Isobel's gone, heh, and it's Founders' Day." He pats Stefan on the arm. "I'm here to eat cotton candy and . . . claim my girl." He smirks.

This gets Stefan's full attention. "I told you last night to stay away from Harper, Damon."

"Oh, I know, but it's not fair." Damon feigns a whine. "Elena is yours, so I should get Harper."

"She's not an object you can just claim," Stefan says. "She's a girl with feelings. I don't want you to hurt her."

The elder Salvatore scoffs. "I'm not gonna hurt her."

"She's not Mary, Damon."

"Of course I know that," Damon says in annoyance. A second later, something catches his eye, and his heart goes into a frenzy.

Harper's POV.

When I notice Damon's eyes on me, I freeze in my tracks. Elena and I had just come out of the dressing room in our period dresses for the Miss Mystic float. I was nervous about seeing Damon today since we haven't spoken to each other since Isobel dropped that bomb last night.

When Stefan sees us, he walks forward. I'm a little disappointed when Damon hangs back and doesn't follow him though.

"Hi, Harper," Stefan addresses first. "You're looking beautiful." He then turns his attention to Elena. "Hey, can we talk for a minute?"

"Yeah." Elena nods and follows him to go talk privately.

Not wanting to be standing all alone, I lift up my skirts and prepare to go find Caroline. However, I don't get the chance because Damon suddenly decides to approach me.

His eyes make a quick sweep of my outfit. "Now aren't you the prettiest girl at the parade." He smiles sweetly.

My cheeks flame red. "Thank you."