[000] prologue

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
prologue
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SALVATORE ESTATE
1857
*Damon Salvatore and Mary Gilbert are both 18 years old*

"You'll have to catch me first!" Mary Gilbert said teasingly as she ran for Damon's room. The said boy hot on her heels.

Damon was wearing nothing except for his breeches. Mary had not expected to find him half naked, for she had just come for a visit. But she had just happened to make it up the stairs as soon as he got out of the wash tub . . . not that she was complaining. She had always wondered what he looked like without a shirt on.

"You're trapped now." Damon smirked as he closed the door with his back and locked it shut.

Mary hopped up onto his bed and crawled around to face him. One thing became blatantly clear to her in that moment. She was trapped, and if she hadn't known Damon, this situation would have been quite frightening under different circumstances.

But she did know Damon, and she knew that he would never hurt her. He loved her as much as she loved him. Despite either of them being very vocal about their feelings for the other, it was obvious to the both of them that something was there, something beautiful.

Mary wondered now how Damon would handle things with her in this vulnerable state. Would the lighthearted game of cat and mouse continue? Or would something stir inside of him to turn this into something more?

She liked the game. She wasn't quite sure if she was ready for more, even if more did sound like a lot of fun. She hadn't even had thoughts like this until Damon came into her life a few short months ago.

Damon slowly stalked towards the bed, like a predator sneaking up on its prey. "I'm commming tooo get youuu!"

"No!" Mary squealed before rolling over to the other side of the bed, only to get caught in the covers. She struggled to get free.

"Got you!" Damon said. He pounced on her, holding her small frame against his bare chest. Now she really was trapped, both by Damon and the bed sheets.

Mary squirmed for her freedom. "Let me go!"

"Nah ah ah," Damon taunted, "I'm not letting you get away that easily."

She giggled as he began kissing her bare shoulders and upper back. He would have kissed her all over if it wasn't for the annoying corset hiding her silk-like skin.

Damon roamed his lips along Mary's upper back until he reached the nape of her neck. He let his mouth hover there for a moment before gently sucking on the skin.

"Damon," she moaned, pulling her head back in pleasure. She rolled her body to the side so that she could face him. Her eyes filled with longing and desire as she gazed up at him. Damon Salvatore was a sight to behold, and he was all hers.

He searched her face for any hesitations. "Do you want this?" he asked.

Mary reached a hand behind his head and began to run her fingers through his dark hair. "I want you," she pleaded. Any doubts she had before were now long gone.

Without having to be told twice, Damon pecked her on the lips before traveling his mouth along her neck once again. He wanted to taste every part of her before moving on to more sensitive places.

Mary clutched him tighter to her body as her mind turned to mush. "I will always want you," she sighed in euphoria.

--------------

a/n:

I just have one thing to say: Wiki fandom is a literal lifesaver. For just about any popular fandom you can find complete timelines for a show or movie (with freakin accurate dates!). That's pretty much how I calculated that this scene needed to take place in 1859 which is exactly 5 years before Katherine shows up. Wiki fandom also helped me calculate exactly what ages Damon and Mary would be around this time.

Anyhoo, thank you guys for reading!

-- roxy

GORGEOUS banner gif by tzar-of-torture

( word count: 790 )