[017] the bachelor raffle

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
the bachelor raffle
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

( a few good men )

( a few good men )

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Friday, January 8, 2010

Harper's POV.

*Harper's Bedroom*

"Ugh, Bella Swan is so annoying," I rant into the phone. "I swear she cares more about becoming a vampire than actually being with Edward."

"I know right?!" Caroline says from her end. "And can we talk about how she handled her depression? I am so not going to let myself turn into a zombie just because my boyfriend dumped me."

"Same," I agree. "Bruh, Bella Swan is so weird. I swear, if I were depressed like her, I would definitely be rocking out to music all day."

So, New Moon finally came out in theaters. Caroline and I saw it about a week ago, and we're still ranting about it. Don't get me wrong, we both loved the movie and are looking forward to the next installment in The Twilight Saga — Eclipse. However, it's always fun just to rant about the main characters and get a kick out of it.

"Speaking of boyfriends," I begin teasingly, "how are you and Matt?"

"Well," she drawls out, "we're actually doing pretty good. He invited me over to his house tomorrow before the bachelor raffle. We're going to have the whole house to ourselves since, you know, no one's home." She giggles.

"Sounds fun," I say. To be honest, I'm growing disinterested. I just can't relate to my friends in their dating lives. I have no experience with boys and hearing them rave about their boyfriends is only making me long for something I've been deprived of.

"So you're not going to the bachelor raffle?" Caroline changes the subject.

"No." Taking my phone with me, I get up off my bed to go find some pajamas to put on. "My parents won't even let me watch The Bachelor. They're not gonna let me go to a bachelor raffle."

"Well, I have to be there. My mom wants me to sell tickets for the raffle. I can give you all the juicy details on who won a date with who," she says suggestively.

I laugh. "Sounds good. Thanks."

We talk for a bit longer until Caroline has to hang up so she can pick out an outfit to wear for her date with Matt tomorrow. It's nice that life has been slowly going back to normal. There haven't been any vampire problems in days, and Damon hasn't caused any trouble either . . . at least, not that I'm aware of. I'm still not completely okay with the fact that he's decided to stay here for a while longer though. I don't get why he doesn't just leave. Wouldn't it be a good idea to get as far away from the thing that has caused you the most pain and disappointment? Aka, for Damon being the tomb that his long lost love wasn't even in.