[008] thriller

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
CHAPTER EIGHT
thriller
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

( haunted )

( haunted )

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Monday, October 31, 2009

Harper's POV.

*Mystic Falls High School*

There's nothing worse than Halloween being on a Monday, I swear, because don't the calendar people care that we still have to go to school the next day? Nobody likes having to wake up early after a night of partying and candy, but they still make us do it anyway. It's so unfair.

As Bonnie closes her locker, Caroline comes up to us with a large shopping bag in her hand. "I have got your costume!" she announces in a singsong voice. "It's all here," she says, handing Bonnie the bag.

Eager to know what it is, Bonnie immediately takes out the costume.

It's a witch's getup complete with a pointed hat. How fitting, considering Bonnie's past obsession with the possibility of her being a witch.

Bonnie frowns at Caroline's choice of costume. "Seriously?" she scowls.

I guess the idea of being a witch doesn't appeal to her anymore. Glad that's over.

"Come on!" Caroline complains. She leans back against a locker in frustration. "Can someone please be excited that it's Halloween? I just wanna have fun, you know, just some silly, fluffy, Damon-free fun."

"I'm excited that it's Halloween," I speak up, not only to make Caroline feel better but because it's true. Holidays always just hit different and put me in a good mood, regardless of the occasion.

Caroline crosses her arms. "Well, you're the only one." She sighs then something seems to click in her mind. "Oh, and by the way, I bought an extra costume for you just in case you need it."

"Oh thanks," I tell her. "But I'm good. My mom bought me a new one."

Before Caroline gets the chance to ask me what it is, Bonnie interrupts by holding up an amber necklace. "Hey, isn't this the necklace you got from Damon?" she asks Caroline.

"Yep," Caroline responds. "Wear it. Toss it. I don't care. I just want it gone," she emphasizes.

Bonnie doesn't say anything else and just puts the necklace back into the bag.

"Hey, have you guys seen Elena?" Caroline suddenly pipes up. She removes her back from the locker she was leaning against. "Do we know what she's wearing?"

Bonnie is the first to answer. She shakes her head. "I was with Grams all weekend. I haven't talked to her."

Caroline turns to me.