[002] bitter are the wars between friends

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
CHAPTER TWO
bitter are the wars
between friends
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

( the night of the comet )

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Harper's POV.

*Mystic Falls High School*

"I'm confused. Are you psychic or clairvoyant?" Caroline asks Bonnie as we make our way down the hall.

"Technically, Grams says I'm a witch," Bonnie says. "My ancestors were these really cool Salem witch chicks or something. Grams tried to explain it all, but she was looped on the liquor, so I kinda tuned out. Crazy family, yes. Witches? I don't think so."

We turn a corner and head down another hallway lined with lockers.

"Yeah," Caroline says, "well, feel free to conjure up the name and number of that guy from last night."

My head quickly turns to Caroline. "What guy?" I ask with a playful grin.

"Oh my goodness." Caroline sighs deeply. "There was this super-hot guy at the grill last night. You should have seen him."

"Why didn't you just talk to him?" Bonnie asks.

"I dunno know. I was drunk," Caroline says.

At the end of the day, I manage to find both Elena and Matt in front of the school. We start talking like old times . . . well, almost like old times.

"They're keeping her overnight to make sure there's no infection," Matt explains, referring to his sister Vicki, "but she should be able to come home tomorrow."

"Wow, that was fast," I comment, ducking under some low branches as we pass under a tree.

Elena readjusts her school books in her arms. "That's good news," she says.

"Yeah," Matt agrees.

"Did you get in touch with your mom?" Elena asks.

"Called and left a message," Matt says. "She's in Virginia Beach with her boyfriend, so . . . we'll see how long it takes her to come rushing home."

"Vicki's lucky that she's okay," Elena says.

"I know," Matt sighs, "and now there's talk of some missing campers."

"It's pretty crazy," I speak up. "My dad said the campsite was still there, but the campers were gone."

Since my dad is a police officer, I always get the inside scoop. It's pretty cool to know the happenings around town before anyone else. However, nothing truly terrible like these animal attacks has ever happened before . . . at least, not that I know of.