[019] the founders' day kick-off party

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
CHAPTER NINETEEN
the founders' day kick-off party
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

( under control )

( under control )

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Friday, January 29, 2010

Harper's POV.

*Mystic Falls High School*

"Uncle John is back?" I ask Elena.

She leans against the locker beside Matt's before answering. "He said his trip is open-ended."

"And he's staying at your house?"

"Yes." She sighs. "Lucky us."

"Hahah, sucker." I grin.

Last time Uncle John came to visit was for Aunt Miranda and Uncle Grayson's funeral. He stayed at my house that time. Both my dad and I got annoyed with him after one week and were ready for him to leave. However, my mother insisted that he stay for a few more days since she never got to see him very much. My mother loves her brother to a ridiculous extent.

"Uncle John," Matt joins the conversation. "I never really liked that guy."

Elena chuckles. "Does anyone?"

"I'm here for moral support if you guys need me," Matt offers good-naturedly.

"Thanks," Elena says. "But we'll be fine. You've been through enough lately."

"Yeah, we can handle Uncle John," I add. "Don't worry about it."

Matt smiles at us. "Thank you, guys, by the way, for just . . . for everything you did at Vicki's funeral and her memorial. I couldn't have done it without you."

"Oh, it's fine," I say.

"Of course, Matt," Elena says.

There's a short pause in our conversation until Elena changes the subject. "So is Caroline still baking for you guys around the clock?" she asks him.

"She finally went to her dad's which is a good thing because my mom was gonna strangle her if she dropped off more lasagna." Matt smiles as he shuts his locker.

I laugh, and Elena lets out an "oh" before she grins.

The three of us walk down the hall together.

3rd Person POV.

*Founders' Council Meeting*

*The Founders' Hall*