Chapter 11.5: A Last Name (short chapter)

Start from the beginning

I smiled at him as I looked to the doctor.

Me: well doctor?

The doctor looked at me with an affirming nod before walking up to Y/N.

With a blade in hand, he carefully took off the cast from Y/N before stepping back.

Y/N: my gosh that feels so much better! Thank you sir!

Doctor: don't mention it kid, take care...

The doctor left the room shortly after as Y/N began to move his left arm around. My smile began to fade as I realized that my private time with the boy was now finished.

Y/N: u-umm... Mrs. Goodwitch?...I have...well...I do have a favor to ask you...

I raised an eye brow out of curiosity.

Y/N: can we...well...I've been enjoying our talks lately, and...I would be grateful if you would allow me to keep talking to you like this...

Well...I didn't think it could do it but...my heart skipped a beat...but alas, my duty had to come first...but on the other hand...

Me: Y/N...you don't have a last name...correct?

He nodded.

Y/N: y-yeah...I don't really like to talk about why, but...yeah...not even my master had a last name, he was just named Tank. And when he adopted me, I didn't really get a last name from him, so...

I began to smile...

Me: then how about this. Seeing as you don't have one...how about you use mine?

Y/N's eyes and face immediately turned towards me with a bright and confused expression.

Y/N: w-wait-...you mean!?-...your adopting me too!?

Me: now you just hold on right there!- I am not adopting you!...

Although that...that would be convenient...No- bad Glynda, Bad!

Me: during your time in beacon and as you continue through your life...you can use and hold my last name...

I assumed the misconception and misunderstanding would've made him saddened or confused, but...he still had that bright and hopeful expression on his face.

Y/N: Y/N...Goodwitch...I-...

Me: before you say anything...all I'm saying is that you are required to have a last na-

Y/N: I love it...

Me: what?...

Y/N: I LOVE IT!- I have a last name!

Y/N practically leaped off of the bed before bouncing back down on his back and falling off of the bed.

Using my semblance, I halted his fall before smiling to myself.

Me: as much as I would like to extend our time together. I think I'd like to stop visiting the hospital so often.

Y/N: heh heh...sorry...

Y/N chuckled as I placed back down on the ground with his feet under him.

Me: I do however have some good news for you.

Y/N: more?- man, I don't know how much more of this I can take.

I quietly chuckled to myself before speaking.

Me: your request to do both staff work, and being a full time student has been accepted. To add to that...I'm more than certain that I know how to cover your two requests, "and" give you a tour of Beacon...

Y/N's head titled to the side.

Me: Beacon has its own forges for weapons repairs, it's very own culinary arts classes and facilities for those who wish for something custom to their taste. Lastly, I have to tour you through Beacon a few times and pair you with someone as your guide.

Y/N: whoa...you keep track of all of that?...I feel small now...

I chuckled aloud before speaking up.

Me: I think you'll do just fine Y/N. Now then...I know you've taken into account of your arrows...if you can call them that....and your bow...what about that strange reel?

Y/N: A reel?

I gave a concerning tone as I spoke...did he really not know?

Me: yes, there was a strange rope device attached to your bow. We placed it separately from your bow because we didn't know where you had wanted it.

Y/N: huh...u-um...can I hold it?

I used my semblance to carry and place the strange device into his hands before watching him fiddle around with it.

Y/N: uh...I didn't...make this...Dad?...hmmm

I watched as his hands felt the device before eventually finding the buttons.

He pressed one button that released a line straight towards where the device was aiming, which was a cup. The line wrapped around the glass cup before immediately pulling it towards him.

Me: Y/N, watch -

Without even facing the flying object, he caught the glass without much effort.

Y/N: oh...wow, that was close to hitting me...I guess my master made this and gave it to me before I left...hmm...

I watched with a hint of amusement as his hands continued to glide across the device.

I...I don't think he knows that he instinctively does this when he's focused on something, but...his eyes go into this serious expression...if he had his sight, or even the coloration of his eyes...I am almost sure that they would've been piercing...

Me: *ehem*

Y/N: w-wha!!- oh!- heh, sorry...got a bit carried away there...

I smiled.

Me: it's not a problem...are you ready?

I watched that perfect smile grace his face as he spoke, the scar across his eyes was almost over shadowed by the pair of white hazy eyes shining towards me.

Y/N: I'm ready! I promise I'll do my best!

I closed my eyes and shook my head...call it renewed hope, but...out of all the students I have either lost, or come through the entrance of Beacon...I-...I felt good about this one...

My: come on then...Y/N Goodwitch...

I smiled while guiding him towards the roof of the hospital, where a transport waited to take us to Beacon.

Corky: so, uh...there is a few chapters in the making, and uh...hmm...it's gonna hurt him... See you soon...