i can't believe you

age: 15

-

Y/N's POV

I stayed over at Nat's last night like I do every few weeks, and I'm set to head back home in an hour or so. There's just one thing I have to ask first.

"Auntie Nat?"

"Yes, sweetheart?" she says as she looks up from her book. I move from where I'm standing in front of her to sitting down beside her on the sofa.

"I have to tell you something," I admit, she then puts the book down entirely and gives me her full attention. "I'm telling you this because you're the only one I can think of who I can trust with this information, mainly because I know you're gonna relate."

As I talk, she nods along. But when it comes to me actually having to tell her, I get nervous.

Nat clearly picks up on this since she takes my hands into hers and looks me in the eyes in the way that she does whenever she's trying to connect with me. It works every time.

"I'm... I don't know what I am, but I know that I'm not exactly straight," I confess just above a whisper as two tears tall from the same eye.

My aunt then pulls me into her for a hug and I rest my chin on her shoulder. "That's completely okay, honey. Why on Earth are you upset about that, hm?" she queries as she gives my back a little rub.

I sniffle a few times before finding my words. "I don't know."

Perhaps it's just because I'm finding it hard to accept, or maybe because I won't know how my mom will react, but I know that I can tell Natasha anything. I usually can with mom, but this is something I'm yet to divulge to her.

"Well, I'm glad that you told me. You're probably relieved now. And whatever you decide to do in terms of telling your mom, I'm gonna be here for you. You're a great kid, Y/N. And so, so loved."

-

All I've done for the past hour since I've been home is debate whether or not I should tell my mom the same information I shared with my aunt earlier.

She's never alluded to being homophobic in any way shape or form. At least, not that I'm aware of. But this is new to me still and her reaction is gonna mean a lot to me, whatever that reaction may be.

However, I can't put this off any longer. So now as she's cooking in the kitchen, I decide it's the time to tell her.

"We need to talk," I straightforwardly tell her, causing her to look up from whatever sauce she's stirring.

In a confused voice, she answers, "Okay. Have I done something to upset you?"

"No, no at all. I just... have something I need to tell you and I'm really nervous."

Offering a small smile, mom just stands there and gets ready to listen.

If only she knew what she's about to hear.

"Okay," I breathe out. "Don't hate me, but, mama, I'm not... straight. But I also don't know what I am."

She freezes, which in turn makes me freeze. Does she not approve?

"Oh?" is all she says, her face scrunching up in perplexity. "Are you sure?"

Now nervous, I answer, "Um, yeah. Pretty sure. Are you mad?"

"Uhh. Not mad. Just, like... wow. That's an adjustment," she chuckle's awkwardly. I silence as I come to the realization that my own mother doesn't accept my sexuality.

The one person who's approval I seek most.

"I can't believe you," I sigh, really disappointed and surprised by the outcome.

"Well it's not say that I don't support you, I just wasn't expecting it. I guess I had just always pictured you with a man, you know."

Of course. A man. Because that's who I'm supposed to love.

-

obviously in this situation wanda would be accepting right away because she fruitayyy but i wanted to explore different outcomes