you don't mean that

warnings: eating disorder, mentions of vomit (purging)

age: 16

reader isn't wanda's daughter

-

WANDA's POV

Y/N is still fairly new to joining the Avengers.

We rescued her from a Hydra base nearly two months ago and since then, I suppose you could say I've taken a nurturing role towards the girl.

One thing I know about her that no one else does, is that she struggles massively with eating. She was always used to eating so little and being told by multiple scientists that she wasn't deserving of the food they provided her. Or rather, the scraps. It was mainly just the guards' leftovers, certainly not enough for a growing child.

I myself know the situation, I've been there, but mine didn't leave me with a crippling eating disorder.

Y/N is currently banned from training due to her low weight (they think she's just naturally too thin). We can't risk her passing out or getting seriously injured in some way. She isn't happy about it, but it's in her best interest.

"Just one more bite, sweetheart," I encourage the teen who's attempting to finish her dinner.

None of the team could be bothered to cook today, so we ordered pizza, instead. So far, Y/N has eaten two slices which I'll admit is more than what I thought she was gonna have.

"Wands, you know I find this too hard," she whimpers, grabbing onto my hand for support.

"I know. But I really need you to try to finish that slice. Here, I'll have another one and we can finish off our food together, alright?" I suggest and keep my hand interlocked with hers whilst picking up another slice of pizza.

It's just me and her alone in her bedroom right now since eating around any of the others only unsettles her further.

As I bring the pizza up to my mouth, I watch out of the corner of my eye as Y/N does the same with hers. Except her bite is a lot smaller than mine, she's barely taken the end.

"I'm sorry," she whispers, having noted my wary look.

"Never be sorry for struggling, my love. You tried your hardest and you still ate two slices, that's pretty incredible."

She only nods and turns her head away from me, undoubtedly trying not to cry.

"I'm just gonna take our plates downstairs, okay?" I tell her and give her shoulder a reassuring squeeze before stacking up our plates and making my way out of her room and into the kitchen.

When I get down, I avoid any questions that the team are asking about why we always eat in Y/N's room instead of with them. Telling them would be violating her privacy and betraying her trust, and I'm not letting that happen.

Thankfully, Natasha shuts them all up before I snap. And I manage to make it back to Y/N's room without flinging a fork at someone's head.

But when I arrive, she isn't where I left her at all. She's not even in the room.

We've been in this situation before, just not very often. If she wants to get rid of the food she's taken in, she will, and she doesn't care how she does it.

I immediately jog towards her bathroom door and use my magic to unlock it with the knowledge that she definitely wouldn't let me in with her own free will.

As expected, Y/N is hunched over the toilet with her head just above the bowl, and two fingers down her throat.

Before she can gag again, I make my way onto the floor and pull her hand away from her mouth, holding it tightly and guiding her body back so it's against my front.