a good night's sleep

age: 4

-

WANDA's POV

It's just past ten o'clock at night when I feel a small figure crawl next to me in my bed.

For the past couple of days, Y/N has become a little extra clingy and always wants me with her, resulting in her spending her nights in a little bed beside mine. Except most of the time, she ends up in my bed with me.

"Hi there, my sweet, beautiful girl," I rasp, my voice tired from leading training earlier.

"Did you feel a little lonely down there?" I ask softly, running my fingers through her hair. She should be asleep at this time, since she did go down at eight-thirty. But she rarely sleeps straight through the night.

"I woke up," she tells me cutely, her big green eyes staring up at me.

I give a little chuckle and tickle her stomach, "I can see that. But you gotta go back to sleep, hon. It's late for you."

After letting out a big yawn, she nods her head and makes herself comfy against me. "Night, mama."

"Goodnight, gorgeous."

With my little one secured against my body, I lean over to turn the lamp on my nightstand off and get comfortable until slowly, I drift off to sleep.

But I'm soon awoken again by a small thud beside me, followed by a few whimpers which are likely to turn into deafening cries if I don't do something about it now.

When I lean over to peer at the floor, I see that Y/N has taken a tumble and fallen down and is now holding her arms out for me to lift her back up into bed, which I do and hold her close.

"Shh, it's okay, sweetheart. It's alright, you're not hurt. It was just a shock," I comfort as I feel her body getting ready to break out into a series of sobs. "No tears, beautiful. I've got you, you're okay."

Normally, I wouldn't ever tell her not to cry, but I've worked myself into the ground these past few days and I'm so tired and in need of my sleep. Besides, I put her needs before my own about ninety-five percent of the time, don't I deserve to be able to stop her from crying so that I can get some rest?

Once she's calmed down (without any tears) I lay us down and she stays snuggled into me as we both attempt to close our eyes again.

But that only lasts for so long, before Natasha comes in, crying her eyes out.

Luckily, Y/N remains asleep, but I sit up instantly with the sight of my best friend in pieces.

It seems that I won't be getting a good night's sleep tonight. But my family are always more important to me.

"Nat, what's the matter?" I ask in a concerned voice, opening up the covers for her to shuffle into, which she does.

"Maria just told me she wants a break," she explains, the force of her cries waking up Y/N.

"Auntie Nat, go," my daughter tells her aunt grumpily. She would never normally say that, she's just cranky due to lack of sleep.

"Honey, that's not nice," I scold lightly, "Let auntie Nat stay with us. She's feeling sad."

Despite the reluctance, she gives in and drifts back off into dreamland.

As I turn my head to face Nat again, I see new tears forming in her eyes.

"Tasha," I coo, taking one of my arms and wrapping it around her shoulders, she leans her head down to my shoulder and I kiss the top of her head lightly. "It's gonna be okay. Maria loves you far too much to ever leave you. Maybe a break will be beneficial since you guys do spend most of your time together."

Too tired to talk, my best friends nods against me and makes sure to make herself as comfortable as possible on my shoulder/chest before finally allowing her eyes to close.

Honestly, I'm happy that I get to spend my night with my two favorite girls instead of on my own.

-

lizzie's acting in episode 5 of l&d is absolutely unmatched, that emmy is hers

when i say my jaw was dropped and my eyes were wide

i also understand candy's pov so much better now