never doubt that

warnings: mentions of vomit (purging)

age: 16

mama nat and aunt wanda for this one<33

-

Y/N's POV

Anything revolving around food has been hard lately. Actually, hard is an understatement. It's been hell.

And it's not just that I haven't been eating enough. The things that I do eat, are forced out of my system almost immediately after.

I wouldn't say I'm particularly insecure about my body. I'm thin, I know I am. There's just something inside of me that won't allow me to eat and be okay with it. Guilt always wins. Always.

"Oh, honey, are you not enjoying it?" mom suddenly questions from where she's sitting opposite me.

Today, the team decided that they wanted a takeaway for dinner, so we ordered Indian food. I love it when we get Indian food for dinner, but something for some inexplicable reason is holding me back from having more than a few mouthfuls.

Mom isn't aware of my struggles, but that isn't her fault. I've done an amazing job at hiding it and it's not like she needs to know.

"No, I like it," I smile, trying to play it off.

"Then why haven't you taken more than four bites?" my aunt Wanda challenges me.

She doesn't... does she know something?

"I'm just not particularly hungry today," I reply as I move my food around with my fork.

"What? Tiny Romanoff isn't hungry?" Tony comments, "That's crazy, you could eat an entire elephant if you wanted to. In fact, I've never known anyone who has a bigger appetite."

"Always know the right things to say, don't you, Stark?" I say sarcastically with a bite in my tone before slamming my fork down and standing up. "I'm going to my room."

WANDA's POV

Honestly, it's no surprise that Y/N stormed off. What Tony said was out of order and completely unnecessary.

"What the hell, man?" I say furiously, mad at him for hurting my niece.

"You'd better fucking apologize to her," Nat tells him through gritted teeth, her protective mama bear side coming through.

Y/N thinks that no one has a clue about her disordered eating, but Nat and I have known for weeks. It's more obvious than the poor teen realizes.

But what Natasha doesn't know that I now do, is that her daughter has been making herself sick after eating.

I only found out yesterday when I heard it, and I've been trying to find a way to bring it up.

I haven't even told Natasha yet. Y/N's safety is very important to me, but so is her trust. And it's likely that I won't be able to keep her safe unless that trust remains intact.

So as Nat is arguing with Tony, I excuse myself and make may way up to Y/N's bedroom. I don't bother knocking, I know she's in her bathroom so that's where I walk.

Unsurprisingly, her fingers are down her throat as she's hunched over the toilet bowl.

"You know, you're really not that subtle," I say softly, startling her as she extracts her fingers from her mouth and jumps back so that she's leaning against the wall.

"Easy, angel. Don't panic," I try to soothe, kneeling down in front of her. "How long have you been doing this, Y/N?"

Still too panicked to answer, she simply stays staring at me like a deer in headlights.

Deciding to just do damage control for now, I flush the toilet and close the lid, open the window for some fresh air, and grab a washcloth to run under some water.

When all of that is done, I sit back down beside her and start cooling her down with the damp washcloth.

"Wanda," she croaks, her voice hoarse from being sick.

"I know, sweetheart. I'm here," I reassure her as she shuffles over and crawls into my lap. God, she's light. Far too light.

Before I can say anything more, she suddenly leans over to the right of us and throws up onto the floor. I can tell it wasn't intentional, her stomach is probably confused.

"I-I didn't-"

"Shh, I know. I know," I interrupt her frantic attempt to defend herself and clear it up with my magic. "Honey, we need to tell your mom. This isn't safe."

It seems that she has no fight left in her, because she just lethargically nods against my chest.

"Can you tell her?" she quietly asks me, shivering slightly now that she's calmed down.

"Of course I can. Either way, all she'll wanna do is scoop you up into her arms and hold you forever. We love you so much, darling. Please never doubt that."

-

NEW LOVE AND DEATH EPISODE TODAY WOOHOO