Chapter three

There were voices all around me. I forced my eyes open and saw the man along with three other people wearing lab coats.

"Finally, she's awake. Prep her for transport." The man said.

The three people wearing lab coats converged on me. My restraints popped open. I tried to jerk away, but they had me in their grip's before I could move at all.

They held me so tightly that I was sure they'd leave bruises. Everywhere they held me throbbed with pain. My injured arm hurt worst of all. I turned my head and saw that it was encased in some sort of shimmery cast. The lab coat wearing woman holding the arm paid no attention to my injury and gripped the arm just as tightly as the others lab coat wearers holding my other arm and my legs.

"Can you loosen your grip? you're hurting me." It was hard to get the words out. My throat was dry and fear was choking me.

The man narrowed his eyes "Don't be silly, they're being most gentle with you."

I took a deep breath to prepare myself to speak again. I ended up coughing. My mouth and throat were far dryer than they should be.

I took another breath, smaller this time. "You told me I was being dramatic when you injured my arm. I thought you said you wanted me in perfect condition, but you're injuring me left and right." I stopped and bit my lip. The man was glowering down at me. Was it a mistake to have spoken so freely? I wasn't sure how to act around this man, kidnapper, alien…whatever he was.

The man waved a hand. An involuntary sigh of relief escaped my lips as the lab coat wearers loosened their grip's. My arms were still tender from their previous grip's, but at least the pain wasn't worsening any more.

The man waved his hand. One of the lab-coaters let go of me with one hand and pulled out a long swath of black fabric. She'd placed it over my eyes and tied it in place before I had a chance to protest.

I felt myself being lifted into the air. I was carried a short distance then deposited on something soft and squishy. I felt restraints being secured to my limbs l, but these people were strong, too strong. They forced my limbs into the restraints.

I found myself wondering at their strength. It was certainly supernatural. Combine that with me apparently being on a new planet and things got weird. Were these things aliens or just a different sort of human?

There was a squeaking. I bounced a bit as I was wheeled somewhere. I tried my restraints in hope that they might prove weak, but if anything they were sturdier than my last set.

I sighed and resigned myself to being taken wherever these not-quite-humans were taking me. Once I arrived I'd reassess the situation, and hopefully find a way to escape.