CHAPTER 62

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door- Milton Berle.

Cam's POV

It has been hell. Watching my best friend literally ball her eyes out and writhe in heartbreak is a sight that has left my mood dampened for the past two days. I cannot say I feel her pain but I can imagine it. I mean, I can imagine how it would feel like if Lucas ever cheats on me like that.

I would never forgive him.

To think of him with someone else is just something I can't bring myself to reverie. He should better not hurt me like this cause I honestly don't know what I'd do.

"Ash you need to eat something..." I try convincing her for the umpteenth time since I arrived today. It has been like this ever since that night. She'd just take one spoon of food and that was all, no matter what she won't add another.

I think she listens because she finally wipes her tears as a look of determination crosses her face briefly. She takes the tray from my hand, picking up the fork, she digs it into the pasta before her, fetches some and raises it to her lips. It takes her a while before opening up and eating it. Her eyes glosses up, I think she remembered again everything that happened that night. I watch as she battles with the tears so it doesn't fall.

Although it takes a long while, she manages to finish everything in the plate, only leaving a little.

"Wow!" I clapped for her. "Do you want more?"

Omg! She smiled and then shook her head. "I want ice cream."

"Okay, I'll ask Lucas to get some, will be right back ." At this point, I was already at the door.

"I want to come." She says.

"Really?" I blink back and forth. She wants to go out, finally! Yay!

"Yeah." Progress baby, progress.

"Okay. Let me inform Lucas. I'm sure he'd love to take us."

She nods her head.

With the widest of smiles on my face, I rush to Lucas' room. I open the door without knocking- that's how ecstatic I am, besides he is my boyfriend so bleh!- he was sprawled on the bed watching Tv. I run to him and climb on top him, straddling him. He looked quite taken aback, but whatever. With my smile still in place, I hug him and peck both his cheeks before pulling away .

His eyes lit up, I bet he was enjoying all the love I was giving him right now, "I see you're in a great mood. What's up?"

"Ash wants to go out for ice cream."

He was surprised, "You're kidding."

"No, I'm not."

He grins, "She really said that?"

"Yeah!"

"That's good news then. What are we waiting for? Let's go." I climb off him.

_

"I texted Devi to join us, hope you guys don't mind." Ash says, after texting on her phone.

"We don't." Lucas and I say at the same time.

"You guys can order, I'll wait till he comes before I order mine."

"Okay," Lucas says and I pinch his thigh. He's supposed to be nicer today.

"Ouch, what was.." He starts but i shoots him a glare that shuts him up.

I smile at her re-assuringly, "We'll wait for him as well," i turn to Lucas, "right?"