CHAPTER 8

"There is just one life for each of us, our own."- Euripides.

Ashley's POV

During break time I decide to go have some fun with my all-time favorite.

Novels

Cam decided she would rather have some alone time with food so I left her to it. I couldn't wait to get hold of the book I'd been reading for a while. This is the third time I'm visiting the school's library because of  'The Duff '.
Unfortunately, my school doesn't allow borrowing books so the only way I get to complete this book is by visiting the library more often, that is if the book is intriguing and I am intrigued.

I'll tell you a lil secret, I may or may not have a slight crush on Wesley Rush. I mean who wouldn't, ninety nine percent of the girls in his school looove him, who am I to not be a part of them? You might be like   'Seriously!! Crushing on a character?'
But then I can't resist okaaaaay?!!
I must say Bianca really had some balls to resist him.

Gosh!! She detests the guy

How did she even do it? Girls upon girls kept falling at his feet yet still got their hearts broken and it's not like they didn't know what they were signing up for. The guy doesn't do commitment. Why would you want him to change for you Hugh?!! Sorry to say this but sometimes we act stupid.

Not trying to justify his man whore ways but the guy had issues.

Immediately I find it, I pick it up and rush to the nearest table I could find. I plop on one of the chairs, I flip the pages getting on with where I ended last.

What page?

Aha!! Found it.

I do a mini squealy dance in my head, a smile gracing my lips. Now let's enjoy some fineness.

*****
The day goes by on a whim.

The last thing I do before allowing darkness to lure me into its web of sleep is listen to my favorite song.

Why by Jonathan Mcreynolds.

He's my secret star crush. Shhhh!!! someone might hear you.

I wake up to the aroma of doughnuts.

Doughnuts !! Oh my Oh my Oh my.

My favorites

I rush to the bathroom to have a three-second bathing session. Haha ... just kidding but it was pretty fast. I just couldn't wait to relish the taste of goodness.

I come out of the bathroom in my towel. I quickly pull a chair from the side of my drawer and plop on it. In five minutes I was done drying my ginger locks. I dress up take my bag and head for the dining room.

"Good morning Dad." I greet immediately.

"Morning pumpkin, how was your night?" he asks.

"Amazing. Yours?"

"Pretty good. Having your mum beside me is more than enough to make my night " He blushes. Is it possible to still blush at this age in marriage? Just wow !!

"Awww... cute dumplings." I tease and Dad cackles in laughter. Mom emerges with the doughnuts in her hands. She sets it down and takes her seat. Just then Dylan emerges from his room and descends the stairs.

He makes his way over to the dining table and takes his seat, he mutters a good morning as he plops down.

We say our prayer and dig in.