CHAPTER 26

Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see - Confucius

Ashley's POV

Ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My alarm

Goodness, it's morning already? A school morning for that matter.

Better get up already!

I stretch out my hand grudgingly to dismiss my phone's alarm. Ugh! Can I stay in bed a little while longer? Goodness!, sleep is alluring. Today's sleep is ten times better and I wonder why. The last thing I vividly remember before sleep captured me in its web is replying a 'Night' to Grayson's 'Goodnight'.

Mmm...

____ ____

It's time to drive to school and I'm confused as to who to take a ride with. Lucas or Dylan?

I mean, Dylan wouldn't mind me taking my ride with Lucas since I've been doing that ever since but I don't know why I feel obligated this morning to ride with him.

Should I ride with him?

Mmm.....

I think I would, just for this morning. You call it brother and sister bonding time.

I go to Lucas who was standing by his car. "Lucas," I call and he turns to face me. "I'm driving with Dylan today. I'll take a ride with you after school, though. Bye." I peck his cheek in a mini-second before rushing quickly to Dylan who was entering the driver's seat. Without talking or drawing his attention, I open the passenger's door and enter swiftly, hitting my head slightly in the process.

"Ouch!" I utter, drawing Dylan's attention. He looks at me, eyes on the verge of popping out of their sockets.

"When did you get here?" he asks.

"Vanished," I say shutting the door close.

He chuckles shaking his head. "Let's just assume I believe that."

"Of course! you do." I grin.

"I do." He pinches his nose, "definitely do!" Note the Sarcasm

"Yeah, yeah." I roll my eyes, "Let me just pretend you weren't being sarcastic right now. So how was your sleep?"

"Well..." he sets the car into ignition "Put on your seat belt, first."

I oblige, locking it at my side. "Done," I say once I'm done and he starts driving.

"Your night, how was it?" I ask yet again.

He sighs, "Not bad. What of yours?"

"Mine was okay."

"Cool," he says and watches me almost as if he had something to say, so I raise my brows at him in questioning ."You didn't ride with Lucas, I see."

Wow! Never thought I would hear him utter the word Lucas, that's a great improvement. I ignore his statement though, I mean it wasn't a question in the first place, and I'm not obligated to answer. Or am I? Nah! So I don't.

___

Dylan and I enter the class and the first face my eyes greet amongst other students is Cam's, seated comfortably at her seat, a smile spread across her face as she looks intently at something on her phone. I walked towards her, curious to know what at all she was watching since whatever it was seemed to have all her attention. With steady steps toward her, I finally get to our table. I place my bag down silently and tower over her, stretching my neck closer to her head, when I squint my eyes at her screen, I see a young man, a very tall one at that, with a long beard, holding a microphone and singing in front of a large crowd. I must say he's handsome, Dark handsome.