CHAPTER 30

"Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination" - Roy. M. Goodman

Hi, Quick question

Do you genuinely like this story? If yes, why?

Ashley's POV

"Cam" I screech.

"What?!" She chuckles.

I shoot her a glare which she doesn't see because she's focused on the road before her, her back to me.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" I ask, bewildered.

She snorts, "Like you would follow me if I said we were having the sleepover at Grayson's place. Would you have?"

I smile, "Uh-m, y-e-ah! I would have."

"And I believe you!"

"I'm serious." I challenge.

"Yah! I know. I totally believe it." I could detect mockery in her tone.

I hit her shoulders. "Ouch!" She says and we both laugh out at the same time.

I go back to watching videos on my phone with Dylan and Cam goes back to driving whilst talking to Lucas.

"Here we are," Cam says when she parks her car.

We all get out of the car, pick our bags along, and head for the door, Lucas and Dylan ahead, Cam and I behind them.

I tap Cam on her shoulders and she turns to look at me. "How come we're having the sleepover here? I'm confused." My brows draw closer to each other as I wander away in thoughts.

"Pierson asked me."

"Just like that?" I question.

"Just like that." She shrugs.

"Is Grayson's dad not at home?" I mumble.

"I doubt, why are you asking, though?"

"Have you forgotten so soon?"

She taps her chin in thought before her eyes glint in realization. "Oh, that!"

"He might not like me, you know. I think he thinks low of me. I mean seeing me with his son in that compromising position and all."

"Calm down and just forget about the past, think about the future. It's bright. Besides it's not in your place to judge or wonder what he assumes about you, that's his call, and if he chooses to assume the worst of you, then, his bad."

"Really?"

"Yeah! Just Chill! This night is for relaxation, so don't stress your pretty little head about anything, relax and enjoy the remnants of the day."

Third Person's POV

Grayson was in the living room, sprawled out on the couch. To his left was Pierson and right, Cole, in the same state, sprawled out on the couch as they watched a movie on the TV. He gets up with the intent of heading to his room to pick up his phone. He was about to take a step when immediately the doorbell rang. He halts, taking a second to wonder who might be at the door. Who could it be? his thought chimes. He's not expecting anyone. Maybe Pierson or Cole is? He wonders. He was about to head for the door instead but Pierson beat him to it.

"Let me get that," Pierson says and without wasting a second he heads for the door.

He shrugs before heading for his room like he initially planned.

His SmileOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara