CHAPTER 61

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.

Third Person's POV

When Cam leaves Yvie and I at the dance floor, a few minutes pass by yet there was no sign of her return. I wanted to use the restroom so I left Yvie to herself. After using the restroom, I was returning to the dance floor when I mistakenly bumped into someone.

"Um.. sorry." I lift my head to whoever it was that I bumped into unintentionally and guess who it was. Devi.

"Devi?" I say at the same time he says "Ashley?" We both laugh.

"What are you doing here?" I question.

"Same reason you're here, for the party."

I chuckle, "I see. Great seeing you here."

He grins and his hazel eyes glow, "Yeah, I guess we're on the same page. Glad I get to meet you again after so long." He says placing a lot of emphasis on how long by stretching the pronunciation of the so.

"Come on! It hasn't been that long." I hit his arm playfully, in a way it wouldn't hurt.

"Well... it has, besides we didn't get to have ice cream together."

"Yeah, about that, I'm sorry I cancelled."I try to make the most sorry expression ever made.

He caught on to my attempt and laughed, "It's okay. I know you won't just cancel without any peculiar reason."

"I promise I'm going to try and find time."

"Okay, will be waiting for your call or text when you finally decide."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome. So... would you share a dance with me?"

"Um, sure."

As she reached the dance floor with him, she noticed that Yvie wasn't there anymore, instead, there was Cam and Lucas. Her eyes roamed the entire hall and finally lands on Yvie who was chatting up this hot blonde guy whose name she's yet to find out.

_ _

"They're literally doing nothing but dancing. Calm down, stop stressing yourself out." Devi says trying to convince Ashley that Grayson and Anne were just dancing and nothing asides that yet she was too infuriated to listen.

Apparently Grayson saw her and Devi dancing and got jealous- unaware to her- so when Anne asked for a dance, he didn't think twice before agreeing. As he and Anne danced he kept glancing torwards Ashley and Devi's direction, second after seond.

"They're not supposed to be dancing." She air quotes and Devi raises a brow at her. "You won't understand." She adds.

"I know you love your boyfriend very much but you are dancing with me too. I bet he's jealous too, I can smell it from here yet he doesn't seem as infuriated as you are."

"I'm female."

"And..."

She sighs, "He promised not to be close to here in that way, you know, like how how intimate they are right now." She glares at both Anne and Gray.

"It's just a dance, come on!" Devi tries to convince her yet she wasn't buying having it as her anger grew by the second. "Stop looking at them, that way you'd see and feel nothing."

"It matters a lot to me, I'll head back t.." She halts when she sees them doing something different altogether now. Their lips were pressed against each other, Anne's arm around his neck. Her eyes immediately stung with tears, the scene before her bringing an ache to her chest. Devi turns to the direction of her eyes.