CHAPTER 22

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi

Ashley's POV

See me in my office after school ends.

These words have been ringing in my head ever since it was uttered. What could she possibly mean by that? Better still, what does she want to say to us? In fact, why did she just call just Grayson and me, and not the other people?

It's got me thinking throughout the rest of the classes, and now school has finally ended, it's over and my nerves have decided to kick in, fully.

I look at Cam beside me who's busily shoving her books into her bag whilst humming to herself. I watch as she makes sure her books are well secured in her bag and after she lifts her head to meet mine. I pout at her, mirroring a sad expression.

She chuckles slightly before wiggling her brows at me. "Why are you giving me that look?," she asks.

"Teacher's Office, Miss Brooke."

"Oh, that!" She sighs! "You're going to be fine. Who knows? Miss Brooke just wants to give you both extra tips, since you're like main characters and all. Just go listen to what she has to say. I bet it's nothing complicated."

"I hope so, I pray it ends as fast as it can."

"Should I wait for you? I can if you want."

"Oh no, I'll be taking a ride with Lucas, you know he has football practice so I have to wait for him." Ever since the first day that Dylan took Lucas' car, he hasn't done so anymore. He rides with us to school—mum would complain if he didn't— but he takes Cam's back home. So he always gets home before I do. "You'll be taking Dylan home right?"

"Yeah"

"Drive safely."

"Sure will do, I'll get going then."

"Yeah!" She gets up from her seat and just when she is about to get out of it and head for the door, "Wait!" I say and she halts, "I just remembered, your crush, what's his name?"

"Dante!" She squeals, "he's a musician and he's got a great voice. Oh my!"
And just like that she hugs me quickly, muttering a bye before rushing out, probably going to social-media stalk him. Why do I feel like I kind of reminded her to continue social media stalking her so-called new crush, which I know for a fact she's doing? It's her thing.

Grayson's POV

It's closing time now and Miss Brooke asked us—Ashley and I— immediately after English period ended to see her right after the bell rang for closing.

Ashley

Why do I sometimes feel like she doesn't seem to like me? Am I just overanalyzing stuff? Or am I not?

When I went to apologize, she actually listened, but then I had to push it, didn't I? Even when she said it was okay. I pushed her away, didn't I?

But I didn't mean to, and when she placed her head on the desk, I don't know but I felt... hurt, I did. And although it was slight, I still felt it. Her action, made me feel like whatever I was saying meant nothing to her, that she had no option but to block me out.

But out of it all, the most important thing, I did what I went there to do, apologize. I didn't mean for our lips to brush against each other. My neck was stiff from being bent for long, I was trying to avoid the cramps that were beginning to crawl up my neck, and that's how it happened.

I felt funny after our lips touched, the feeling I still couldn't place my hand on it. It felt nice, her lips touching mine. The incident has been in my mind ever since the image flashed in my mind from time to time.