CHAPTER 37

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending- Carl Bard

Cam's POV

Gosh! My head hurts. Ouch! Why does it feel like a hammer has constantly been used to hit my head? And why do I feel so nauseous? I feel like vomiting. Opening my eyes, I tried to adjust it to my surroundings yet everywhere was dark. The nauseousness knocks me harder this time and I rush out of bed, forgetting all about my headache. I cover my lips with my hands and rush to where I can detect a washroom. I open the door with so much force and enter, I open the lid of the WC and vomit into it. After several minutes of throwing up everything in my tummy, I walk towards the bed to find Lucas awake and sitting, lights on. I guess I made noise for him to have woken up.

Once his eyes meet mine, he rushes out of bed and comes to me.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"I don't know, my head aches so bad."

"You're hangover."

"Hang what?" I almost yell from confusion.

Ignoring my confused stare, "Come." He helps me to the bed and makes sure I lay in it, my upper body inclined towards the headboard. "I'll be right back." He says and leaves the room, only for him to come back after just a few minutes holding a glass of water and medicine tablets.

"Here, take." He hands them over to me. "it'll help with the headaches." I grab it from his hands and consume it.

"Thanks," I say after downing them in a go. "Can I take a shower? I feel like I need it." I say after a while.

He looks at me keenly, "Sure!"

I get down from the bed, "Thanks once again."

"Pleasure's all mine." He says before climbing into the bed.

I wondered what I was doing in his bed. And he said I was hungover, does that mean I was drunk yesterday? If I was, how come? I don't remember anything. I hope I didn't embarrass myself like drunk people do. Geez!

Third Person's POV

Lucas wakes up for the second time that morning just to find himself in bed, alone. There was no sight of Cam. He quite remembers the last thing before he fell asleep again was of Cam asking to use his shower, of him agreeing, and of him trying to keep his eyes open whilst she kept so long in the shower. He looks at his nightstand and realizes that the purse that he kept there is no longer there.

Could she have left?

He picks up his phone.

09: 01 am. The time says.

He sees a message notification on his screen. He unlocks the phone to realize it was from her.

"I left. I came out of the shower to see you asleep. Thanks. Don't worry I'm safely tucked in my bed."- 05: 59am.

"Okay. I'm glad you're safe." He replies to her text.

-

A reply doesn't come immediately as he anticipated. The time that it came, it was later in the day.

"Thanks once again." -Cam

"You're welcome. Are you doing anything right now?"- Lucas

"Yeah! Texting you."- Cam

"Haha. Twenty questions, would you like to play?"-Lucas

"Sure but what are we, twelve?"- Cam