CHAPTER 1

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like there's nobody listening and live like it's heaven on earth"- William W. Purkey.

Ashley's POV

It's an awful morning because it's a Monday morning.

Ugh!!.... Who created schools at all?

Some people say school is an amazing place to be but I would beg to differ. I mean, why would you love a place where you are given a dozen assignments almost every single day? It's either you have a research to do or you have a project to submit.

Calm down Ash

Anyway, I stopped with the internal complaints and got myself prepared for school. I go downstairs for breakfast once I'm done dressing up for school.

"Good morning, Dad." I smile at my dad who is already seated at the dining table.

"Morning princess, how was your sleep?" he smiles back at me.

"Good, I guess," I reply and take my seat.

Just then my mum emerges from the kitchen holding a tray.

"Good morning Mum." I grin.

"Morning baby, hope you've got all you need for school." Always concerned about academics, that's my mum.

"Yes, Mum," I say smiling. She sets the tray on the table and sits.

Just then Dylan, my older brother makes his appearance at the table. He pulls out a hair and plops on it.

"How was your sleep, honey," Mum asks him.

"Amazing," he mutters.

Dad dishes himself some pancakes and a glass of milk, and we all follow suit. Dylan wastes no time as he munches on the pancakes in a rush. Mum notices what he's done so she stretches out her hand towards him and smacks his shoulders. He lets out a groan at this.

"How many times do I have to remind you to take your time when eating? You're going to get yourself choked if you continue this way." Mum scowls at him.

He grumbles something under his breath, his voice muffled so I don't exactly hear it. I bet he was complaining about how hungry he was. My dear brother complains of hunger almost every time, that's the only excuse he's able to come up whenever he doesn't want to do what's right. He's such a glutton. I wonder where all the food he eats goes to cause the guy is as skinny as ever. He looks like he's been starved for most part of his life which isn't the case, cause we the Cantons have more than enough.

After I cut my pancakes into smaller pieces just the way I like them pick up a piece with my fork and carefully bring it close to my lips, the aroma alone mouth-watering. Not wanting to torture myself anymore by wasting time, I drop the piece in my mouth and I moan as the pancake hits my taste buds. It was so good, that I felt like crying dry tears.

I wish I could cook this good, that would have been a wonder. I've tried so hard yet my cooking skills never get any better. I've honestly thought it wise to give up, at least I have a brother who cooks so well so I've got no problem with food.

He's a maniac

My brother, aside from being a good cook, rocks it well in terms of getting good grades. I spent sleepless nights learning just so I could make a B and the guy gets A's like he's born for it.

"Mum please could you get me doughnuts from work?" lest I forget, mum is a Baker whatever. She owns 'Canton Bakes It' and my dad, well he's an auditor. He's got his own auditing firm.