CHAPTER 15

"The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing."- Socrates.

Ashley's POV

I get up into a sitting position, a frown of wonder on my lips.

"Since when did you start making pancakes?" I chuckle, humorlessly.

"Since..." her eyes gleam "..now," and she smiles.

Such audacity! 

She just woke me up and is acting like nothing's happened.

I chuckle once more, "I know you're kidding, just let me go back to sleep." I lay back down and close my eyes about to continue my beauty sleep but then she shakes me awake, again.

"I'm not kidding. I'm serious, for real." She makes a face I know pretty well. She's indeed serious and not playing around.

"You're serious?" I had to state the obvious. She never tried this much, why now? "What's going on? the last time I checked you've never asked to make food before, not even pancakes."

"Well, that's in the past. Right now, we have to make pancakes. We really have to!" She holds her stance, pushing my words out of the door like I didn't just say them. That aside, I could kinda detect a plea in her tone.

"Have to? I don't get it, you mean you and I have to make pancakes?" I mumble and she nods her head, Well... "I am not following you down there just to make pancakes, I need my beauty sleep."

"Come on, you can have your beauty sleep after we're done making pancakes, I promise." She does that serious thingy look.

"But I'm tired," I whine.

"You can rest later." She puckers her lower lip out, a look of hope glimmering in her features.

"No, Thank you!"

"Pleeeeeaase!," she gives me the most pouty puppy doe-like expression ever.

"No." I insist.

"Pretty."

"I said no, don't give me that look."

She sighs defeated and I do a mini cute victory dance in my head for holding my stance, and although guilt gnaws at me in my head somewhere, I push it aside.

After a while of her somewhat thinking she mutters "What if I make you a proposition?" She utters, a look of conviction marring her features.

What could she be playing at?

"And that would be?" I voice out the one thought that's crossed my mind so many times in these few seconds.

"If you help me out, I'm going to..." she gets closer and whispers in my ears.

Mmm... That sounds good, but she doesn't have to know that.

She pulls away, "Deal?"

After seconds of seemingly contemplating the offer, I mutter, "Deal!", and a grin spreads out on her face as she squeals in excitement.