𝐭𝐞𝐧. the one in which is chuseok

❦   ❦   ❦

chapter ten,the one in which is chuseok

chapter ten,
the one in which is chuseok

━━━━ "CHUSEOK is the korean celebration of the good harvest. and it's a time to thank our ancestors for bringing us prosperity." kitty and vivienne entered class in the middle of the speech that yuri'a mom, jina, was giving about chuseaok. "and pay respect to those we have lost. we do that by going home. it is a very special holiday in our house, because family is the most precious thing in the world. and we do not take it for granted. enjoy your break, everyone, have a good chuseok."

vivienne sat in the back of the class thinking about the holiday. she thought back to the first chuseok that she remembers. her mom takes this holiday seriously but vivienne knows how hard this holiday is for her mom. anastasia losing her own mom was the hardest time for her. and since chuseok is part of her culture she wanted to celebrate and it's fullest.

her dad being half filipino and half hispanic, leaning more towards the hispanic culture, it was his first time ever celebrating chuseok as a family and it was hard to adapt to the way that anastasia was serious about it. his mom, the grandma that lives in korea and the one that vivienne lives with, also helps anastasia with the food.

this year, the villanueva family hasn't really talked about chusoek this year or if they were even going to have it. but she does know that she will be spending it with her grandma, even if it's only just them.

min ho decided to go with her to her dorm room while kitty went to the grocery store to do her own dinner for the people that are staying. vivienne pulled out her computer and a call from her mom came. vivienne pushed min ho out of the frame and told him to stay quiet.

"hi, mom!" vivienne said happily. waving her hand and bringing the brightest smile on her face. "how's tour? have you talked to dad, he hasn't really been responding to my text messages."

"tour is amazing, really wish you would've come with me." anastasia said setting down her phone and leaning her head against her hand. anastasia looked outside of her screen and smiled and then back at vivienne.

"why are you smiling so much?" vivienne asked breathing out a laugh.

"because," anastasia said looking outside of her screen again. min ho tapped on vivienne's shoulder. vivienne glanced over at min ho and shrugged her shoulder. "hey, why are you looking outside your screen? vivienne is it a boyfriend!"

min ho laughed which vivienne covered it up by saying, "no! no i don't have a boyfriend. don't answer my question with a question mom."