4.11 | Special Gifts

Beginne am Anfang

"It's a defensive talent," Eleazar informed her, Anna casually eating a chocolate bar behind them as Garrett approached her and nudged her shoulder. "It's why I couldn't read your mind, even before. It's why Aro couldn't," Edward explained to Bella. "You have a very powerful gift," Eleazar added as Kate grabbed Bella's hand, sending through electricity that resulted in no response from Bella who felt nothing. "She's wonderful," Garrett muttered to Anna who smirked. "Interested?" Anna asked Garrett who nodded willingly, Anna laughed to herself before focusing back on the scene before her.

"Oh, yeah, she's a shield, all right," Kate said before letting go of Bella's hand, she turned her head to Anna and held up her hand wishing to test it on her too. Anna smirked as she sped forward allowing Kate to grab her hand, the electricity simply tingled against her skin but other than that, it did no harm to her. "Sorry gorgeous," Anna told Kate who laughed before letting go, Anna winked at her before moving to stand with Jasper who had walked out upon witnessing Kate's gift on Bella; he knew Kate would test Anna and Jasper was ready to intervene if needed.

"Shoulda been put on their asses," Kate said with mild disappointment but a lot of intrigue, it was always interesting to witness a shield. "Or your voltage has been exaggerated," Garrett taunted making Anna snort, she leaned into Jasper with a grin. "Well, old friend, try it yourself," Anna told him with an encouraging nod. "Yeah, maybe it only works on the weak," Kate added as she held up her hand. "Garrett, I wouldn't," Carlisle warned as Garrett raised his pointer finger to push against Kate's palm. "Or please do it," Anna muttered making Jasper laugh as Marin and Declan walked over to watch; the two had become friends in a short time.

Garrett pushed his pointer finger against Kate's palm eliciting a shockwave through his body causing him to drop to his knees, Anna laughed as Jasper wrapped his arms around her. "You are an amazing woman," Garrett complimented making Kate smile. Anna's attention turned to the woods, she tensed up as she picked up the sound of feet running through the forest at a vampiric speed. "Someone's coming," Anna muttered for the others to hear, they all turned their heads to the sound before Anna picked up on the sound of wolves growling. "And Jacobs on their tail," Anna said before she moved forward to cut the newcomers off.

She, along with Jasper, Edward, Bella, and Carlisle had approached the two new vampires who were sitting up on a rock out of reach of the shifters. Anna rested her hand on two of the newer pups while Bella eased Jacob who in turn told the third pup to calm down. "Vladimir, Stefan," Carlisle greeted, it was then that Anna noticed Kate, Eleazar, and Tanya had followed. "You're a long way from home," Carlisle continued as Stefan stared directly at Anna, the blonde raised a brow as she allowed her mind to relax and seep into his. "The Heretic is true. What a pretty sight," Stefan's thoughts echoed through Anna's mind and in turn, Edward's.

Anna and Edward shared a look before Anna moved closer to Jasper's embrace, Edward didn't like the underlying tone of Stefan's thoughts. "What are they doing here?" Kate asked with a glare on her face, it was clear that the presence of Vladimir and Stefan was an unwelcome one and the Swan Twins were uneasy. "We heard the Volturi were moving against you. But that you would not stand alone," Vladimir answered with a grin. "We didn't do what we were accused of," Carlisle expressed to the Romanian Vampires. "We do not care what you did, Carlisle," Vladimir responded to the Coven leader.

"We have been waiting a millennium for the Italian scum to be challenged," Stefan spoke up as his gaze moved from Anna to Carlisle. "There will be no fight," Anna said sternly, she moved forward to stand with Carlisle, her eyes daring either to test her. "We have numbers to witness the truth of the alleged crime, not numbers for your revenge," Anna added while Stefan and Vladimir sneered down at her. "Ah, you are the famous Della Freya of our time. A Heretic with the ability to wipe the Volturi from the map and yet, you do nothing," Stefan seethed out. "I do nothing because even if the Volturi are no ideal, they keep the Vampires like you in check," Anna replied to him with her own sneer.