Ch.18: New Year's Bash

"I feel like a proud mother and you're going to prom." Cindy laughed as the two got ready.

"You be quiet." Daisy couldn't help but laugh herself. "Do you have your dress on?"

"Yeah, I just got it on, do you need help?"

"I can't get this zipper."

Daisy backed over to her holding the dress over her body.

"MY EYES ARE COVERED. MY EYES ARE COVERED." Howdy loudly announced coming into the room. "But I have mimosas for you!" He held up the glasses in his other hands.

"Aren't you a sweetie," Cindy took the glasses from him and placed them on the coffee table.

"Are you two ladies almost ready?"

"Yeah, Daisy just needs to get her dress on. She's holding us up," she joked.

"You're so funny I forgot to laugh."

Cindy zipped up her dress.

Daisy turned around looking down at the gold that spread across the material. It shimmered in the light.

"Is it too much, Cin?" Upon looking up her friend looked so proud.

"If Wally doesn't swipe you up after this, I'm going to."

"CAN I LOOK CAN I LOOK?!" Howdy called out.

"Yes, Howdy, you can look." Cindy assured.

He uncovered his eyes looking at the two women before him, his wonderful girlfriend and his best friend.

"Oh my goodness... I'm literally going to look like Hugh Hefner escorting you two to the party." He was giddy and excited.

"Escorting us?"

"It's a big event, Dais. There's a blue carpet rolled out into the building for when guests arrive and everything. If you get into this party you're the real deal."

The fact she was the guest of honor was hitting her harder now as she didn't know how important this was in the scheme of things. Sure she was a big fan for a long time but to be up close and personal was a whole other experience.

Howdy made sure they arrived in style, a limo of course. Mentally, Daisy prepared herself for this "Blue Carpet" walk. When she was helped out of the limo the cameras flashed relentlessly.

"Oh jeez," She spoke under her breath.

"It's alright, just my arm." Howdy assured.

With Cindy on one arm and Daisy holding the other the three made their way into the building straight to the elevator. They were the only ones inside and all thankful it was now quiet. Cindy looked over at Daisy who stood silently.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm going to throw up, I'm so nervous."

She laughed a bit at her friend, "Tonight is going to be just fine. Just have fun, enjoy yourself."

"I'm going to tell him." Daisy stated, "I'm going to tell him how I feel."

This was news to Howdy who gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder, "It's going to go great, I promise you."

She smiled up at her friends.

The elevator came to a stop.

Daisy took a deep breath as Howdy escorted them to the front door of his home. Muffled music was heard outside where the party was taking place. Then, Howdy opened the doors for them. The energy of the party came to full bloom.

Wally's house was jammed packed with people in tuxedos and dresses all having the time of their lives. People danced, they conversed, they ate food. The house had completely transformed for this event.