Ch. 4: Mr. Meeting the Big Apple

"And SCENE!" The director called out.

A bell rang causing almost everyone to begin moving again, like it was game of sorts.

James placed his hands on Daisy's shoulders and lead her forward towards Wally who was being surrounded by hair, makeup and the director.

"Great take Mr. Darling," The director spoke. "We're going to pull Mr. Beagle for the rest of the morning and bring you in after lunch."

"Mhm," She star answered while on his phone, "When is that assistant showing up? Huh? I've been waiting over two hours for them."

"Right here, Mr. Darling." Jame spoke up.

Wally looked over at James then down at Daisy who was star struck. In the show, it was perceived Wally was 12 apples tall, or about 3'3 feet. In reality he was 6'3, towering over the girl.

He studied her, moving uncomfortable close to her face, "I mean — I guess she'll do."

"I guess?" Daisy blurted out.

James quickly covered her mouth, "Mr. Beagle and I discussed it for a long time Mr. Darling."

Wally looked to James, "You're lucky you spoke to Barnaby, I trust his word, not yours."

He nodded at the star.

Wally looked back down at the girl whose mouth was covered still.

"What's your name?"

She moved James's hand and held her own out to shake the stars, "Daisy Dukes, Mr. Darling."

He looked at her hand then back at her, "Right."

Slowly Daisy lowered her hand.

"James," Wally began, "Since my manager isn't here I want you to get...Daisy... started on my list. You know the one. After she's finished have her return to me."

"Of course Mr. Darling."

"Good, now get. I have things to do."

James then pulled Daisy away from the star.

"You would never think with that smile and droopy eyes, Wally was such an ass." Daisy admitted. "What does he mean 'I guess' as if he has a choice!"

"He does, there were people lined up before you and there's plenty ready to swoop in and take this position," Mr. Anderson admitted.

She rolled her eyes, "What list is he talking about anyway?" 

They returned to her office where James walked to the desk and pulled out a drawer searching for a paper. He then grabbed out a folder and placed it on the desk.

"Wally has a specific list of things he wants done each day while filming on this location." He handed to Daisy.

1. Have an array of mixed fruit available for 6 AM arrival of Mr. Darling.
2. Have a carmal apple macchiato, large, tempered between 120 and 140 prepared in his dressing room for his 6 AM arrival.
3. Assure Mr. Darling's dressing room is vacuumed, dusted, and tidy for 6 AM arrival.
4. Prepare Mr. Darling's between set attire on hanger on dressing room door.
5. Have all of Mr. Darling's candles pre-lit 30 minutes before 6 AM arrival.

Daisy stopped reading lowering the paper, "Are you serious? I would have to get here by 5 AM at the latest and we're not done till, what, 5 PM?"

"It balances out," James explained, "You work 5 to 5, 4 days a week, half day Friday and then the weekend off."

"That's a lot."

"Did you see what your pay is?"

She didn't think of that at all, and when shown the amount of money she'd make the frustration of hours melted away.