Ch.14: Maybe One Day

Daisy had quit her position as Wally's assistant which ended up breaking news on popular tabloids.

WALLY'S LONGEST ASSISTANT CALLS IT QUITS

And this annoyed her. 

She was never one to feed into those, however, it was everywhere she looked, even social media. Her face plastered near his with questions she wasn't asked and answers she didn't  give. In reality she hadn't spoken to anyone about it, not even Cindy.

A week after these events and taking time to herself Daisy decided she couldn't stay inside all day as the local market was calling her name. However she didn't want to be recognized by people besides the locals who already knew her.

Putting on a hoodie with her winter coat, she pulled up the hood and traveled outside into the market are.

She wasn't hungry, nor did she need anything, but it was simple fact she was out of her home that she needed.

Thankfully while wondering there was little to no talk of what had occurred at Big House Studios, just people going about their business.

"And you're going to walk right past me without saying hello?" Mrs. Davis spoke up just as Daisy walked by.

She was so into her thoughts that she didn't notice the little old woman calling out to her.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Davis."

The moment the old woman saw Daisy's face she became deeply concerned.

"Oh honey, please, come sit with me."

Daisy nodded, wiping a sudden tear from her eye. She walked behind the spice stand and took a seat next to her neighbor.

"I'm sorry about your loss sweetie."

"I'll find a new job." She reassured yet was uncertain herself.

"No no no, not your job. You can always find a job. I'm talking about your other loss."

Daisy paused, "Thank you..."

Mrs. Davis wrapped an arm around her young neighbor, "Can I tell you something pretty funny? Maybe it'll cheer you up."

"I'll do anything to laugh right now." She looked up to the old woman.

"Well, it's been some time since you could do our Saturday market, but you know who keeps coming? That Doolittle fellow you befriended."

Daisy paused, "Really?"

"Yes, and you know he's very kind. Very shy. The one day actually, it began to rain. It wasn't even in the forecast. My grandson wasn't here to help, but Mr. Doolittle was."

Daisy nodded.

"As I started taking it down he offered a helping hand. Even brought my items into my apartment for me. Then, his hood fell down. Lo and behold it was Mr. Wally Darling himself." She looked over at Daisy and winked, "But I'm sure you knew that already."

"...I did."

"He made me laugh. The poor thing panicked begging me not to say a word to anyone. I had to reassure him several times I wasn't going to say anything. Then I mention you..." She paused looking at Daisy with a smile on her face. "And do you know what happened?"

She shook her head.

"His eyes lit up immediately! He started talking about you like you put the stars in his sky."

Daisy smiled for a moment, "He talks about all of his friends like that."

"Daisy, dear, do you know how long I was married to my husband?"