Ch.16: Home for the Holidays

"Alright everyone, that's a wrap!" Benny called out.

All the staff clapped and cheered as it was the last day of filming before the Christmas Break for Big House Studios. Each person began talking and saying their goodbyes as they couldn't wait to get out and get home to their loved ones.

Daisy was saying goodbye to staff she had grown to know over time wishing them a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. She made her way back to her office to gather her items for home. Tossing on her coat she checked to make sure she had everything she needed for the long break ahead of her. The last item she needed was Wally's gift. It sat on her desk wrapped up in red wrapping paper.

She took the small box in her hands and let out a breath. It had been a few weeks since Cindy and her spoke about this party she wasn't invited to. The gift may be too much, however, she had bought it way before learning any of that information.

Her feet pulled her out of her office, locking it behind her.

"Heading home?"

She looked up to see Wally with his coat on, his hands in his pockets.

"Oh, actually, I was heading to your dressing room." She admitted, hiding the box behind her.

"Funny you say that because I was heading to your office." He smiled at her. "I actually have something for you."

"For me?" Daisy adjusted her bag over her shoulder, "For what?"

"Well, it's Christmas. Don't you get gifts for your friends?" He tilted his head, teasing her.

"It's funny you should say that," Slowly she revealed the small red box from behind her, "This is for you."

His expression softened upon seeing the box. He began to laugh a little, "Oh boy."

"What? What's wrong?"

Wally pulled a small red box from his pocket, same color and about the same size, "I'm hoping we didn't get the same thing."

He held it out to her and her him, each taking the boxes in their hands.

"You can open —"

"Daisy! Daisy!" Barnaby came rushing down the hall with a box in hand. "Oh thank goodness you're still here!"

Both Wally and her looked at the big blue dog rushing towards them.

"I didn't give you your gift yet!" He pushed the big box into her arms. "Just a little soemthin-somethin from your pal Barny."

Wally took his gift from her hands and shoved it into her bag.

"You can open it later." He whispered in her ear, then shoved his hands in his pockets. "I have to get going guys, have a Merry Christmas."

"You too buddy, I'll see yah at New Years!" Barnaby waved.

"Merry Christmas, Wally!" Daisy called to him.

Barnaby turned back to her, "Didja see I'm wearing the scarf yah got me."

He modeled for her making her laugh.

"Yes, and it looks lovely on you like I thought. You'll be warm all winter."

"Are you excited for Wally's big party?"

She felt a small bit of hurt when he asked, "I uh— I wasn't invited."

"Wait, what...?" Barnaby's happy appearance fell to a concerned one. "You weren't invited?"

"No, I wasn't. I think he still feels funny after our argument a few weeks ago. It's okay." She smiled trying to reassure him and began walking along side of him towards the exit.