Ch.11: Meet and Greet

"And you still can't get a good read on him, can you?" Cindy inquired.

Daisy continued typing away on her computer updating her schedule to go alongside Wally's. He changed both his morning and afternoon list which reduced some of the physical work needed of her.

"No," She sighed, "It felt..."

"Confusing. I'd be confused, girl."

Daisy laughed a little, "Yeah, a good bit. He can still be a bit of a bastard..."

"Are you scared of getting fired after that day?"

"No, I don't think he's actively seeking me out, not like before anyway." She closed her computer. "I have to go, the cast has a meet and greet session in Hudson Yards today."

"Are you ACTUALLY prepared for it?" Cindy joked.

"You be quiet and keep cutting those thorns."

"Yikes, you're starting to sound like your boss!"

They both laughed then exchanged goodbyes before hanging up. Gathering her items Daisy walked down to Wally's dressing room where he was just about ready to go.

Barnaby sat in his room reading a book, but stopped the moment Daisy came in.

"Daisy! Good morning! How are you?" His tail wagged.

"Good morning Barny! I'm doing well." She placed her items down on a coffee table approaching the large dog. "Come here you."

He bent down allowing her to scratch the perfect spot behind his ear. He began to kick his leg.

"Barnaby, my friend, the dressing room is shaking." Wally laughed a little.

"Oops, sorry Wally." He sat up.

"This is your first meet and greet in a while," Daisy pointed out, "And for the entire cast no less, that's exciting."

"All I know is I'm gonna beat Howdy this time at the kid Olympics." He flexed his arms.

"Do you like...throw the kids or something?"

"No, silly." He then placed both paws on Daisy and hoisted her up, "We have a friendly competition of who can carry the most kids at once! See your light as a feather!" He moved her into a cradling position. "I could carry you all day."

She laughed as the big dog swung her back and fourth.

"Alright alright, down boy." She joked. "The cast needs to start loading onto the bus."

"Oh yeah!" He gently placed her down. "C'mon kiddo's let's get a move on."

He wrapped an arm around Daisy and Wally.

Their bus was recognized from at least a mile away as it was full of rainbows and flowers and the characters from the show. It was much different than the bus they had taken to their off site filming.

Daisy stared out the window at the people noticing the bus and losing their minds over it. This show may have been for a younger audience but it was loved by all.

The seat next to her became full suddenly as Wally sat down next to her, leaning close to the window.

"Lots of kiddos out today. It's going to be a full event."

There it was, his campfire smell.

"What brings you back here, Mr. Darling?"

"I wanted to brief you on transitioning from the bus to the building since it's your first time." He sat back to see her better. "We have guards from here to the building to make sure we get in without getting rushed by fans. You need to stay close or you'll get ripped away. Understand?"