Ch.8: Poker Night

Frank obtained Daisy's number and asked her to dress accordingly for Poker night as they liked to do themes. The theme for tonight was Hawaiian. Thankfully, she had a ton of Hawaiian shirts from the Jazzy Jazz collection and chose to wear her favorite one. Along with that she also owned a captains hat from college. To top it all off she baked not one, not two, but three fruit pies for the occasion. It wasn't every day a nobody like her was invited to a stars house.

The couple owned a large single home on Staten Island, a mansion. The front yard was beautifully decorated with bushes cut into different shapes, flowers everywhere and a few angel statues. The brick home was lit up by lights shining onto the house.

With the pies in hand Daisy rang the buzzer to have the gate opened.

"What's the password?" Eddie spoke from the buzzer.

"I have pies."

"SHE HAS PIES?" Barnaby called out from behind Eddie, "LET HER IN!"

The gates unlocked and began to open slowly.

Daisy walked through and up the path to the front door which opened before she could even knock. Barnaby lead her inside and took the pies from her hands.

"I'll just take these to the kitchen!" He announced.

"Hello Barny," Daisy laughed a bit. "Where are the others?"

"In the basement! Go all the way across the house to the butterfly poster and make a right!" He announced.

She nodded and followed his directions walking through the large house to the door leading to the basement. As she walked down the chatter became louder.

The basement was completely finished and fashioned into a bar with sports themes across the walls.

"Oh my god." Howdy Pillar began to laugh.

Daisy saw him and the other sitting at the poker table, however Howdy, Daisy AND Frank all had the same Hawaiian shirt on.

She began to laugh out loud, "No way."

"DAISY!" Julie exclaimed. "You made it!"

"I have pies, however I'm not sure if they made it with Barnaby up there."

"They're as good as gone," Frank announced.

"We're about to start," Eddie added, "We have a seat for you."

Howdy pat the seat directly next to him then pulled it out for her.

This was the first time she had hung out with all of them at once, Poppy, Eddie, Frank, Howdy, Sally, Barnaby and Julie. Even though she'd been there for a short time they seemed like old friends. It wasn't long before Eddie popped out the wine to share with everyone creating an even more relaxed atmosphere.

Frank showed his poker skills as he was winning the majority of the rounds. His poker face was unmatched.

"Alright alright," Daisy finished her 3rd glass of wine, "Let's see what you all got."

She placed down her cards, four of a kind.

Defeated each began placing their cards down, except Frank.

"I'm waiting, Frankie." She leaned on her elbow looking at him, a smile and half opened eyes.

"Anymore relaxed and you'd look like Wally." Eddie teased. "It's a good poker face."

"Darn, Daisy, you know..." Frank let out a sigh, "looks like... I win again!" He threw down a royal flush.

"No way!" Daisy sat up.