Chapter 181: Its Good

Start from the beginning

She blinked. "I suppose so—"

"What do you think about having kids in the future?"

At this, Rose Yang stiffened. Her brain blanked out, buzzing slightly, her heart beating faster than usual. She suddenly lost her appetite, but did not dare to say anything.

Park Jimin answered instead, "A daughter." Was his curt response, but Nam Heejin took it as a sign that they were planning on having one in the future.

"A daughter would be good, but it would be better to have a son first."

Rosè Yang felt her throat run dry, tongue-tied and unable to properly respond. She could only slowly nod her head while averting her eyes.

Park Jimin saw her hesitation clear as day. He was disappointed to see she was this scared of having kids, especially when he wanted an entire football team of daughters that would be the spitting image of her...

Rosè Yang could practically sense his unhappiness and decided to do something about it. She deboned the steamed fish and placed it onto his plate. Just then, the entire table went quiet.

Nam Heejin frowned the slightest bit. So this girl did not know her son well enough... How could she not know, he hated it when people placed food onto his plate with used chopsticks?

The last time one of the socialites she invited over was foolish enough to do such a thing, they faced his wrath. He had abruptly stopped eating, pushed his food away in disgust and had a butler burn it to ashes before storming out of the door, an infuriated expression on his face.

She sighed. This woman would not last long in his life, even with her current relationship with Lalisa Park . She had hoped the child would apply some knowledge from her childhood to the way she treated Park Jimin now...

Park Minjun was also disappointed by her behavior, seeing her unfit for the position as Park Jimin's' wife. It was basic knowledge that his son does not like it when others place food into his bowl—

Park Jimin ate the food.

He did not hesitate or look bothered by her behavior. As a matter of fact, he looked... happy.

Nam Heejin and Park Minjun blinked once, both of them taken back, a stunned expression on their faces. How...How could this be? It was the first time they had seen him so compliant and placid at the gesture. They rarely saw him smile, much less see a good expression on his face. It was painful for them to admit this, but they did not know what could make their son happy.

If there was one thing Nam Heejin regretted in her entire life, it would be allowing her father-in-law, Park Jimin's grandfather, to take care of her son. She was not the Park family's first choice either and thought at the very least, she could secure her son as the favorite of the elders.

She knew his grandfather was a cruel man by nature, often described to be heartless, but she thought he would treat his oldest grandson differently. She thought he would treasure her oldest son, for it was known in most families, the elder always preferred the eldest son, but who would've known the man would work her son to the ground?

Mountains of assignments, endless arrays of training classes, and unexplained frequent visits to the Underworld, Park Jimin was returned to her the shell of the boy he used to be. Before meeting his grandfather at the young age of three, the boy was actually quite energetic with an easygoing attitude like Park Daniel , but all of that changed after being influenced by his grandfather.

"The shrimp." Park Jimin muttered to her, waiting for her to pay attention to him again. She pressed her lips together, the shrimp would dirty her fingers and she would not look the most elegant while peeling it.

"You've had enough shrimp for the week, have some bitter melon, it's more beneficial to your body." She instructed him, placing his least favorite food into his rice bowl.

Nam Heejin and Park Minjun held their breaths, curious to see their son's reaction. They expected him to throw a fit, or worse, leave the dinner table, repulsed by her ignorance.

Park Jimin eyed the ugly piece of melon on his rice bowl, poking it with unhappiness written all over his face. He looked like a child picking at his vegetables.

"Come now, don't be stubborn." She chided him, nudging for him to eat.

"It's not going to poison you." She added on when he glared at it, reluctant to eat.

"Rosè , Jimin does not like bitter melons—"

Park Jimin ate it.

Nam Heejin felt her eyes bulge in utter shock. Park Minjun was at a loss for words, blown away like his wife.

Park Jimin actually ate it.

This...this woman, was she a miracle worker?! Was this how smitten their son was for her? To the point of where he would pardon his biggest taboo and even eat his most-hated food in the world?

Their eyes snapped to their son who was glumly chewing the melon and with reluctance, swallowed it.

"How was it?" She asked him, her face morphing into a tiny smile, her eyes, so wide and large, shining with ambitions for receiving a good response.

Park Jimin could not bring himself to let her down by saying it tasted vile, the worst thing his tongue has ever touched. The more he stared into those eyes of hers, the more he found himself sucked into the swirling pool of molten copper, mesmerized by her ardent expression. He felt something tug at his heart with each passing second.

"It's good." He finally responded, his answer blowing everyone, except for Rosè Yang, away.