Oof, I'm really hungry.

* * *

"Yes... Yes I'm done with my part. Yes, it's confidential... Alright, see you then." Adam hangs up the phone while I text Taylor as he stalks over to me with a file in his hand.

"Who were you talking to?" I ask as he sits on the couch next to me and sighs, placing the file on the table.

"Lance. Needed to update him on the project we were doing." He said, rubbing his temples as I placed a quick peck on his cheek, making him smile a bit.

"You guys done?" I asked and he nodded.

"Lance has to make some tweaks, I'm done. Do you want to see?" He asks excited.

I smile and nod, straightening the creases on my skirt as I shift closer to him while he explains everything he's done with the project.

I take this time to appreciate how passionate Adam is about his work and about what he does. He doesn't laze around, no. 

He makes sure he works just as hard as everyone else, maybe even harder, and he doesn't like things being handed to him on a silver platter because he knows how satisfying it is to achieve something after working hard on it. 

And when I look at him explaining everything to me so effortlessly, I feel like this man has no imperfection, like, at all.

He cares for me like no one ese, takes time out for me and makes sure I'm always comfortable around him.

He loves his family, he loves working hard, and he loves me. What more could anyone possibly want?

How did I get so lucky?

"Everything okay, my love?" He asks cupping my cheek gently and I smile softly and nod. 

My love.

See what I'm saying?

"Yeah, I was just thinking of how amazing you are." I said and hear his chuckle as he leans forward to kiss me just as someone knocks on the door.

He stops midway, a scowl forming on his face as he curses under his breath, making me giggle at him.

"Come in." He says coldly as a nervous Lucas stumbles in.

"Mr. Thorne, we're keeping tabs on Mr. Williams and his son, just like you asked." He says and Adam nods thoughtfully.

"And you have a meeting in ten with the board." He reminds before leaving the office as Adam sighs and I wrap my arms around him, his head dropping to my shoulder.

"Never thought one of our most trusted employees could stab me in the back like this. Even my father trusted that man." Adam says, and I know how much it pains him to see through to this.

"It'll be okay, I know it. Does your dad know?" I ask and he nods, nuzzling his face in my neck as he places a kiss on my pulse, making my breath hitch just as someone bursts into the office.

"Mr. Thorne-" Liam stops short, his eyes widening when he sees Adam literally in my arms who sits up abruptly and shoots Liam a glare.

"There is something known as knocking." Adam grunts and Liam nods nervously, looking between the two of us.

"Y-Yes, Mr. Thorne, but there was an emergency. It couldn't wait." He says.

Adam stands up, approaching him, who types something on his iPad before showing it to Adam who swears loudly, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Stop this transaction, now. I don't care how, fucking stop it." He says lowly, making both Liam and me to flinch as he runs out the office.