The big announcement

Chapter 17: The big announcement.

I woke up early because of the alarm clock. It was 6’ o clock and then I got ready for school and went downstairs for breakfast.

The butler and the maids were downstairs doing what they do. When I noticed someone sitting at the table. It was a person that I never expected to see. It was my father.

My father was home didn’t he say that he had a flight to catch and that he wouldn’t be back for a while.

If my father cancelled a business trip that didn’t mean it was good that meant something bad was going to happen and I had this gut feeling that this had something to do with me.

He then got up and he turned around and started beating me up, he took of his belt and beat me up with that.

Then after that he pulled out the wire and he beat me up with that too.

When he was done beat me up he said, “I didn’t think that you would bring a boy home as soon as I leave. You’re like your mother who whores around then ends up getting married to a guy named Hennery”.

“What?” I questioned. Interrupting him while talking about his ex-wife was probably not the best time to ask him because he got really mad at that.

Then I earned more beats and I couldn’t move because I was in too much pain. Then when he was done he said, “ I have another flight today and I am leaving, oh and I transferred you to another school. You’re going to Dragon Knight Academy.”

“Oh, and I want you to join a team so that it will look good on your university application”, he said.

Then he walked out. I lay there in a pool of my blood. When the door slammed shut I heard a sign of relief and then I slowly turned around and saw that John and the maid were still here.

Shit this was going to be a lot of explaining. I slowly got up and the maids rushed over to help me and I flinched away thinking they were going to hurt me.

They stopped. I walked upstairs took of my clothes and threw them in the trash then took a shower and cleaned up my wounds and then changed into new clothes.

I took three painkillers and it was going to take a couple of minutes to start working. Then in a couple of minutes the medication took affect and then I started to feel the pain disappear. Then I went downstairs not feeling the pain.

The blood was cleaned up and I was happy to see food on the table and I watched as everyone starred at me in shock.

“What are you guys staring at” I asked.

“Well aren’t you sore” John asked.

“Nope why.” I asked

“Because that so called father of yours just beat the crap out of you.” He said.

“No I am use to this but I really appreciate it if none you mentions this to anyone” I asked.

They nodded in agreement.

I breathed a sign of relief. Any way I was getting transferred in a couple of days than starting next week I can go to the Academy. 

I went to my room and unpacked my stuff. Then I looked around the house to see if I was missing anything. Then I thought of how fun it would be to have dirt bikes.

I went to the backyard there was huge land that had a track. I told John that I wanted 15 dirt bikes.

He ordered them right away. I watched TV for a while and wondered what else that I could want that I didn’t already have.

Then I looked at my cell it was almost time for practice and Adrian hadn’t called me or texted me once. I knew that he regretted asking me out already.

This is why I try not to like anyone. Well it was too late know because I was falling for Adrian as I was for Cameron. I got my soccer bag and left after bidding my goodbyes.

I got to the Academy one hour earlier and then I changed. I started practicing right away with music blasted. I was busy dribbling, shooting and running.

When I took my last shoot my iPod fell to the floor and I bent to pick it up and looked at the time. It was already 4:10 where is everyone I thought.

I looked around that’s when I saw that my team mates where showing up. I guess I lost track of time. I went to the coach; he didn’t even notice that I was playing on the field.

“Uhmm… Coach, I got transferred into this school”, I said.

“What when did you get transferred into this school,” He asked all surprised.

“Oh I think my dad transferred me in today, we moved and he said, that it would make sense to go to a school closer.” I said.

He nodded. “That’s great because we have a game next week on Tuesday.” He said.

“What who are we versing”, I asked curiously.

“We are versing the River Stone High.” He said.

“WHAT??” I yelled.

“Our first game is going to be with them.” I asked to make sure I heard right.

“Yes and you will be able to play.” He said.

This was the reason that Adrian or Ryder hadn’t contacted me yet. I see.

“Coach does the team know” I asked.

“I am assuming by your looks that you didn’t know” He said.

“They knew this morning, I would have assumed that they told you by know”, he said.

I looked around everyone was trying to look busy which was kind of funny.

I went to my bag and I had 12-missed call from Adrian. I got a text message too.

I opened it and it said:

Unknown: This is Adrian. I dropped my phone in the tub and it got water in it. I just got it replaced and I am texting you my new number. 

Unknown: Why aren’t you replying?

Unknown: I am on my way.

I put my phone away and laughed that was funny that was the reason that he didn’t call me. I sighed in relief.

Then the coach called us in for practice and we started and soon Adrian joined us and I laughed at him trying to run to the field half dressed.

Then he apologized to the Coach. Then he came to me and I said, “ I am not mad, I didn’t get the text until now and you were already here”. I was trying to control my laughter.

He let out a breath relief.

“But we have a game next week, so lets practice.” I said.

“Are you sure that you can practice,” he whispered.

“Yes, I went to the doctor and he gave me medicine he said, that it was nothing that it was all apart from growing up” I said.

“Okay, lets play.” He said.

We practiced until 8: 30 and we went back home.

For the next week or so, I came early to practices to practice and stayed after practices to practice.

I was eating less because it was getting harder to eat and I was taking painkillers but they weren’t helping much and I started taking stronger doses.

I know those 24 hours before the game that you can’t have drugs in your system.

Soon enough on Sunday we had a very long practice. I was getting really weak and I knew it to. I wasn’t eating properly, and sleeping wasn’t easy I was up to 5 painkillers every 6 hours. That wasn’t good.

Coach said that Monday was no practice and Tuesday to meet at the school and that we were going to play at River Stone High.