Another lying cheater

Chapter 8: Another lying cheater

Guess who I saw making out with some tall man. That I couldn’t recognize. They broke apart. My mother turned around to see someone call her name. She turned to talk to them.

I hide behind the map. I know crazy right but that was the closest thing that was there that I could use to get to her and not be seen.

Then my mother introduced this man and she said he was her boyfriend and that she has been dating for almost 4 years.

There getting married soon the end of the October. Wow my own mother didn’t tell me about the wedding.

“But I thought you were married”. That woman said

“I was but I got a divorce and I don’t have any kids so it is all okay,” She said to that other woman.

Then the man that was supposedly her boyfriend turned around do you know who it was…

It was Patricia’s father Mr. Hennery. I haven’t actually met him in person because he was so busy with work. I have only seen him in pictures.

A few tears slipped out. I had to get home before my father noticed and who was I going to end up living with.

If my mother said she doesn’t have kids then I wasn’t going to be living with her. Then I might live with my father. The very person that I didn’t want to live with is my father.

When I got home my father was watching the game. I quickly went upstairs. Not making a sound.

Then I changed and hide the cleats got out my book that I was reading. Trying to take my mind of what I just witnessed.

The phone rang I heard my father not yelling that not how he talks on the phone, I snuck half way down the stairs and listened.

“Babe listen I know, our divorce is being finalized than she will leave for good. But Valéry didn’t want the kid and so I have custody.”

“Just a couple more years than I can kick her out. I know but I don’t want Summer either. But Valéry said no first so I have to take her.”

That hurt that both my parents didn’t want me if they were fighting for custody than I would be happy but they weren’t. I went upstairs and cried my eyes out.

I had tryouts. I went to sleep woke up early to go try out. I went there was no one there I was early. I started practicing trying to work all the anger that was building up in me.

But an hour in to practice, a man came up to me and introduced him self.

“I am Coach Steve Conner,” he said.

I nodded. What he said next shocked me.

“I think that if we train you a bit that you will become the best player there is to be in a guys soccer league. I was wondering if you would like to join the team,” he asked.

I was shocked never thought that I would make a guys soccer team. But anyways what the hell what was I going to lose. Cameron isn’t my boyfriend so what I am going to lose.

“Yes I would like to be on the team. But can I be kept a secret. I will practice and stuff but I don’t want anyone to know other than the team”. I asked.

“I understand, I will get the Captain from the team to help you train.” He said.

“Oh coach, I don’t go to this school. I go to River Stone. Well more like I am suppose to anyways.” I said.

“He looked at me I will talk to the principal. You will be able to play one our team as long as you can transfer to this school before we play against River Stone,” he said.

“If you get good enough, I will make sure to try to get you a scholarship,” he said.

“Come here tomorrow at 3:00pm and I will introduce you to Ryder than you can work out a schedule with him and try to get into shape and then when we start team practices in September we will see what you got” he said.

I nodded and went home. My father wasn’t home. I went to my room and researched on some soccer moves. I checked my Facebook and their people were talking bad about me. I deactivated the account.

I went to bed early woke up. My dad hasn’t once bothered me. I went to my parent’s room. No one was home. I cleaned up the house. Then I left for the field at 1:00 and went to practice my own for a bit.