The practice schedule

Chapter 9: The practice schedule

At exactly 3 the coach came with tall looking guy. I think that was the Captain. Well he looked like the Captain anyways. The coach walked up to me.

“Hey” coach said.

“Hey coach,” I said, awkwardly

“Coach one more thing can I play as Skylar and not as Summer,” I asked.

“Sure why not” he said.

“Well this is Ryder storm and this Skylar Frost” He introduced us to each other.

“Well I got to go and finish tryouts work out a schedule and start practicing so that you can get better,” he said.

When Coach left I was kind it was kind of awkward because I didn’t really know who this Ryder character was.

He raised his hand. I flinched but I try to cover it up but he looked shocked and he didn’t say anything.

“Well I am the team Captain. I am graduating next year. I want to win before I leave this school. I want you to practice and be committed,” He said.

“I will be as committed as I can be.” I said.

“Lets have practice everyday except the weekends. Monday to Friday 6:00am to 10:00pm and 7:00pm to 10:00pm you okay with that” he asked.

We exchanged numbers to contact each other if there was an emergency.

“Lets get started to see how much can do and how much you need to learn.” He said.

I went through a series of drills and we played a one on one game with each other so he can see more of my skills.

After 2 and half hours of practice, he said, “Skylar sit down I will tell you something that you need to work on.” He said.

“First I think that you need to work on you speed, you also need to make your kicks harder and powerful. Also make sure that you don’t kick in the same place all the time” He said.

“One more thing that I think you should know is that you have to keep you eyes on what players are open and at the same time keeping an eye on the ball.” He said.

“I think that you would be a good middle center player. If you practice we can be able to place you there” He said.

I thanked him and started walking home and take a shower. On my way to the home I saw Cameron with Patricia pressed up against the store window.

They were blocking the way and I walked around them and quickly wanted to get away from them so that I didn’t have to see them.

But god wasn’t on my side because and that very moment I heard “SUMMER, SUMMER” I stopped but then quickly started walking away.

But they couldn’t leave me alone. Could they? Soon after they both ran after me and stopped me. Shit I thought I was going to die.

“Bitch who do you think you are when I call you, you answer me” Patricia said.

“I-I am So-sorry.” I stuttered.

“I think that she is embarrassed that she was the laughing stock thinking that you fell for her Cam” Patricia said.

My eyes filled with tears, I was about to cry and out of the corner of my eyes, I noticed moment.

Guess who happened to be standing there watching me it was Ryder.

Could this day get any worse?

“I think that you should be punished for trying to kiss my boyfriend” Patricia said.

“What I didn’t kiss him. (I want to, but I wasn’t going to admit that).”  I said.

Then she slapped me and punched me in the stomach that was going to leave a bigger bruise to the one that my father left on me already. Then I saw Ryder making his way to me I shook my head.

He stopped. Then Cam he kicked me into the ribs twice. I felt a crack and the pain shot through my body.

They walked away. I slowly got up and holding my sides a bit. It hurt like a bitch. That was some hell of kick. Soccer player. Then I was walking away.

Needing to get home and check out these bruises before they got worse. I was in pain when Ryder stepped out in front of me. I screamed because he scared me to death.

“What the hell man, you scared the shit out of me.” I yelled.

“Sorry Sky, never thought that you were scared cat.” He said.

“What I am not a scared cat,” I whined

“Okay kitten you tell your self that.” He said.

“I am not a cat,” I said.

‘Well to me you are my cute little kitten, that I want to protect,” he said.