The Protective tiger

Chapter 10: The Protective Tiger

“Thanks then if I am going to be named kitten then you’re going to be named tiger.” I said while laughing.

“Well if my sister say that I am a tiger than a tiger I am,” He said.

“You think of me as a sister,” I asked.

“I am an only child I always wanted a sister.” He said

“Okay then I will become your sister from now on,” I said.

“Okay on that note, why were those teenagers beating you up?” He asked.

I flinched just thinking about it. “Well it was really nothing we just like to fight with each other,” I said.

Hoping that he would drop it and not bring it up again.

“Okay, but to that soccer schedule I am add teaching you defense moves to protect you self in the near future,” He said.

I was happy that Ryder who doesn’t even know me, but now he is going to be taking the time to help me with my problems.

“Thank you Tiger, ” I said.

“No problem Kitten you’re my sister now I will protect you” he said.

I smiled to my self that I have a friend and a brother that is like a guardian Angel that will be watching over me.

He walked me all the way home, after I enter my house is when he left to go to his house. No one was home. I went and took a shower and went to bed. To tried to even eat.

I woke up at 4:00 in the morning and I changed went out for a run and was practicing when Ryder showed up. We practiced for about another 2 hours.

Then we went to the gym and we worked out, to build up our strength and he taught me some moves to help me with protecting my self.

We were merely following the same routine everyday. Monday to Friday and I got up at 4:00 in the morning and I workout with Ryder from 6 to 8 then we went to the gym.

In the time that I had to spare I would clean the house or do some more practicing. Then I would go to the job that I got. It was a clerk job at some thrift store.  

Then I would go back at 5:oo in the after noon and I would practice with him from 7 to 10. Then I would practice for about another hour and then when I was exhausted I would go home.  

I don’t know why I was trying this hard; maybe it is because I didn’t want to go to the same school as Cameron and my two ex-best friends.

I practiced more than I need to but I did to become the best player. Then maybe the coach can give me the scholarship to come to this school.

I practiced more. Well it went great for a month and half. It was August the last week before the break is over.

It was all to good to be true when life is going the way you want it to. It won’t last forever.

I got so use to not see my father around the house. It was kind of fun, I had no curfew meaning I can stay out longer and play.

I even got a job. I saved quiet a bit of money to buy soccer gear if I make the team.

Then my father comes that afternoon. He looked really upset and mad. That wasn’t good.

Text message to Ryder:

Me: “Tiger I can’t make it to practice in the afternoon today. I am sorry.”

Ryder: “It’s okay Kitten but tomorrow be prepared to practice a bit longer. Our first game is coming up.”

Me: “Thxs night.”

Ryder: Night kitten.

Then my father screamed, “SUMMER GET YOUR FUCKIN ASS DOWN HERE. NOW.”

I knew what was going to happen but I slowly made my way down to the living room. I was scared.