The New Identity

Chapter 12: The New Identity 

It was all going fine no one bothered me until the teacher decided to take attendance and then when my name was called I said, “present.”

I heard, gasp around me and I knew that my cover to try to be hidden was blown.

Everyone started to whisper around and then I heard keys being tapped. I think everyone was texting the news.

I watched as some of them took photo of me. I felt like I was a pop star.

Then word got around. This was going to be a long day. When the class was over, I was pushed and pulled and talked about. I was like their lab rat.

Cam was somehow every I was with Patricia blocking my way to places.

When I started to cry they were smiling and making fun of me. This was the worst day of my life.

They didn’t stop there they knocked my books out of my hands and took picture of me and posted it on Facebook. They were bullying me. I never thought that breaking up with soccer player would do this.

“Isn’t it better that you kill your self that way no one has to see your ugly face. I bet you your parents don’t even love you anymore.” Cam said.

I started crying because I knew that it was true. Patricia was smirking at me and that’s when I noticed that she was wearing one of my mother fashion line clothes. These aren’t even in store yet.

I was heart broken my mother never let me have any one of her clothes from the fashion line. Heck she didn’t even let me try them on.

But she gave them to Patricia. Wow thanks mother, I now know how much you love me I thought.

The bell rang and it was time for the last period and then I can go to soccer practice and relieve some stress.

I went to my last period English class. Then I received a text. Who would possibly be texting me at this time.

Ryder: Kitten I am coming to pick you up from school today.

Me: No Rye its okay, don’t worry about, I can walk there

Ryder: Well I am already here so no but I have a surprise for you.

Me: What is surprise? I don’t like surprising what could it be.

Me: Can I skip practice today I kind of don’t want to go today.

Ryder: Kitten you okay. No it’s not okay. No need to be surprised.

Me: Yes tiger. I am fine I meet you outside than.

Ryder: Bye

That was the end of our texting. I looked at the time there was 10 minutes left.

I looked at the time as soon as the bell rang I was out the door. Ran to my locker dumped all my shit in there because there was no homework being its only the second day.

I got my soccer bag and ran outside. Guess who I saw leaning against his sliver porches. Then guess beside him was Adrian. My heart was beating really fast.

I slowly started walking toward the car. Hoping that I didn’t let anyone see this because I wasn’t going to be able to live it down.

Then when I got there Ryder pulled me into a hug. I flinched when he hugged me to tight. He let me go and asked, “Are you okay”

“Yes I am fine but I was practicing a lot yesterday so I am a bit sore.” I said.

“Then I looked at Adrian and he pulled me into a gently hug and I loved his smell. I hugged him back.

“I missed you so much,” he whispered into my ear.

“Adrian I missed you too,” I said. 

I placed my head on his chest. If you two lovebirds are done cuddling I would like to get to practice.

“Its Skylar’s first practice,” Ryder said.

I blushed and hid my face into Adrian and he smiled. Ryder don’t pick on her.

“Sorry Kitten forgive me,” Ryder said.

“What why are you calling my princess kitten” Adrian asked he kind of looked mad.

“She is my sister so I call her kitten” Ryder said.

“Where you jealous,” Ryder joked.

“Tiger leave my Angel alone” I mumbled.

They both erupted into laughter. I blushed even more.

“Guys can we leave please”, I asked.

They nodded at the same time. Adrian took my bag threw it in the back with their bags too. Then Adrian got in the front and then he tapped his lap.

I blushed but I climbed on to his lap. I blushed he laughed at me and then he closed the door. I placed my head in his chest and I buried my head in the crook of his neck.

He kept his arm tightly secured around. I closed my eyes. Then I forgot everything that was going on. Ryder laughed at the state we were in.

When we got to the school the coach greeted me and asked, “Are you ready to play a game”

“Yes I think I should be ready” I said

“Ok I want you to go and change in the girl’s change room in the school,” he said.

“Okay your going to be on the shirts team. So I want you to go get changed and when you come back I will tell you what team you will be on.” He said.

“Thank you coach”

I left to go get changed I was kind of nervous, that maybe that the team wont except me. But I had to be able to get on this team in order to transfer here, than I don’t have to go to the same school as my ex’s.  

I went into the change room and I changed into sweats and a full sleeve shirt to cover up all the scars and wounds that my father created on my body.

I looked into the mirror. I took of the brown hair wig and my brown contacts. Oh did I mention that I wear a wig and contacts. To cover my golden blonde hair and light blue eyes.

My dad didn’t like that I didn’t look like him so he got me contacts and a wig to wear around him. I didn’t like it, because it was one of the only things that my mother and I had in common.

Then after some time I got use to it. I only rarely took it of at home. My father never saw the blonde hair that he hated. But I think it is useful now because I could have 2 different identities.

Then I put all my clothes in my bag and took it outside. Where they were all ready to start the game. I saw that the guys that were playing skins were already taking of their shirts of.

“Coach,” I said.

“Oh yes, Skylar come this way, well as you can see you will be playing shirts and will be playing against Ryder” he said.

“Okay thanks.” I said.

I made my way over to the team that I was playing. There were 6 other guys. I was playing against Ryder. The only guy that I knew on my team was Adrian.

I got ready for the game by tying up my blonde hair.

“Coach why do we have to have some chick on our team. Can’t that team get her,” Some guy on the team said.  

“Coach this chick cant even kick the ball if her life depended on it.” Another one on the team said.

“Shut up and grow some balls and play the game. She might be on the team permanently.” Coach said.

He smiled at me and winked. I had to show these guys that I could play and beat them at their own game.