Chapter: XXXXXX

°•. ❃ .•°
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶  All in Sole Vain  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

Walking around, the father's panicked breaths were shallow the more time passed. Often looking back for his daughter, he watched the girl's slouched posture. Undoubtedly she was worn, exhausted and disoriented. Tired, and drained the girl continued on from behind the father, struggling to keep up but moving forward quick enough.

Breathing heavily through the rubble of bombings, the girl called for the father, the man turning around frantically, eyes on both their backs before following the girl who pulled her body in between destroyed foundation.

Climbing up, the girl didn't look back to make sure the man was following and continued lifting her body up the destroyed pieces, before dropping down and entering the ship.

Corners of the room and backsides were in flames, tainting the air and burning the place up.

The yellow railing indicating their were at the right spot made the girl search for her sisters, but she soon only met one pair of eyes.

At'anau watched the youngest her ears perk up at the presence, before they folded back down when the fire lit the room up again. At'anau acted as if the single step Tuk took back at the sight of the sister in the lights didn't affect her and only continued towards her.

Quickly the youngest regained her composure as the sister, with much force, cut through the orange binds. At'anau didn't meet the her eyes while she held on to her and turned to the father who finally reached the two.

He sighed in relief at the sight of the youngest with the girl yet continued walking on the edge when looking around "Where's Kiri?"

Jake only looked at the daughter's unknowing gaze as her mouth was open to speak, yet no words formed.

"That way," Tuk whispered pointing at the main exit of the ship they avoided passing "that way," she urgently repeated and the father nodded "okay," both hands that each held a weapon were on his daughters' shoulders as he went to walk to the exit. "Stay behind me."

At'anau held on to Tuk's hand who stayed close to the oldest sister whose arms started to feel heavy on her body.

The fire burning on their backs as they moved slowly while Tuk's small whimpers of fear were the only sound beside the cracking of the burning ship.

Before they could even get close to the exit, a tall figure turned the corner and stalked towards them. At'anau immediately pulling Tuk closer towards her as the sight made her heart drop.

"Kiri!" Tuk voiced 

The girl in the grip of the one man they dreaded facing made At'anau hold her breath. The younger girl holding her head high as the blade was cutting through first layers of skin.

Tuk called out for the sister again, but didn't dare to take a step further. 

The oldest girl watched her father unable to stand still as he nervously shifted on his feet, unknowing of what to do.

He held out an arm for the two not to walk past, realising the oldest daughter was unhinged enough to cross that line bare handed.

At'anau felt heavy on her feet, but kept her round as she became to feel almost solely desperate for the man to just leave them.