Chapter: XXXXXV

°•. ❃ .•°

̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶       Granted      ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

The smoke was thick, black and clouded her lungs as her skin tainted in ashes and dirt. The smell of gasoline stuck in her nose to taunt her senses. 

All rules had been abolished as the Pandoran world was haunted with the metals. At'anau's up was down and the waters were where she yearned to be in as her skin continued burning on the silver surface. 

She wasn't meant to be in the war, she wasn't meant to have acted on such damage, she wasn't meant to have brought the only man who had taught his ways down by the doings of hers. 

This war the Na'vi people of the reef were fighting in was something none of them was prepared for. 

The battle didn't follow the Great Mother's rules, the materials used weren't the ones equally damaging to those of The People. The people of the sea had tactic and the benefit of fighting in their known territories, but the Sky People had machinery and infinite soldiers luring down from the stars. 

She was supposed to be far away, in the forest, deep hidden without the knowledge of her existence of this war, of the kids she met, of the boy she abandoned. 

She was supposed to be learning the ways of the Tsahik now, heal the sick. Instead she was in the battlefield, killing the standing. 

Ateyo was gone, with a turn of her head she was only to recall his entire body rejecting his attempts to get up. 

At'anau didn't want to thank her reflexes for making her close her eyes at the sight of the dropped man and cursed them for not reaching him faster. 

She could have done something, anything. She should have. 

Instead she were there, a failed hero to many. One who couldn't even save the man she had brought to risk his life, how was she supposed to rescue her siblings. 

Her siblings

They were on the ship. The one crashing down in flames. Payakan had done such damage to the mothership it was no longer controllable. The engines were shutting off, landing spots of the gunships destroyed, and compartments beneath her flooding. 

The ship was getting heavy and nestled itself in the waters as it welcomed it in. 

At'anau was shaking, her body rejecting to settle down as she needed to focus, but her panic and disorientation rose above it. 

She was unhinged, with no way to know on what part of the ship she stood on as she had lifted from the air and was thrown somewhere else. 

On her knees she crawled to the closest comfort of a wall to press her back against to. It was uncrowded and on a destroyed part of the ship. Shards of metal scraping her skin as she continued cutting herself unconsciously. 

With her chest heaving up and down on a fast rhythm she pulled her knees to her chest. Her wet hair sticking to her skin while she tried composing her trembling limbs. 

This wasn't a battle she was grown up complying to. She hadn't been in it long so couldn't help, but dread what the Sky People were doing to their enemies hand-to-hand around her. 

The fear of the demons' capacities made her not want to cross one trained to kill ever, yet she sat there. In the middle of the war against them almost waiting to be found.