Chapter XXXXX

°•. ❃ .•°

̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶    Priorities     ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

Without the father knowing, the girl was assigned to follow the group in the waters. 

Their Tulkun had called loudly for help as they returned back to the shore which wasn't part of their usual routine. 

On her skimwing she followed Ateyo in the air who had updated her on the situation and why it was odd. 

But as they flew further up the water a foul smell lingered in the air and grew stronger the more they moved. 

Birds of the air landed in the water or jumped out and collectively swarmed together. And it took the people a moment and squinted eyes to see small Tulkun swim around warily. 

With their orange crests out the water the big Tulkun were spotted circling around what seemed to be one of their own. 

Quickly the hunter landed in the water with the Tsurak and swam between the mammals who sang sorrowfully. 

At'anau frowned at the sight, rain trailing down her face as she took the sight in. 

By Ateyo's side she watched him still and took in his confusion. 

She looked to where the man was directed to and watched a giant animal darkened of colour in it's eyes, looking up at the sky eternally as creatures of the air picked at it's decaying armoury for nutrition. 

At'anau couldn't put her hand to her mouth as her stomach only turned at the sight of the small calf bobbing in the water next to its mother in the same condition. 

Hearing commotion from behind her she turned at the sight of the Tsahik and her husband. 

The woman passed the people without minding them as her face only contorted in the horror in front of her. Almost blanking out she didn't seem to be able to believe the sight as she dismounted her Tsurak and swam closer to the Tulkun, exhaling a sob as she got closer and officially recognised the animal in front of her. 

At'anau watched the pregnant woman climb onto the Tulkun's punctured fin attached to a balloon while she looked around in horror and caught the smallest calf dead as well. 

The sky cried with the woman as she could only release a scream in agony at the sight of the lulled back eyes.

Neyrtiri and Jake were beside the chief, who had to watch his wife crumble in front of him "Her name," he spoke softly "is Ro'a" he looked at the two parents and At'anau noted his continued use of the present tense. 

"She was my spirit sister." the woman said however, turning to the people who couldn't begin to comprehend the gravity of the situation to her, but having lost her own spirit sister At'anau knew her mother understood the woman more than she'd presume. 

The girl couldn't begin to imagine losing Ma'tìlor. Especially by the hands of the people invading their world as she would feel to have failed her. 

"She was the composer of songs," Everyone could hear the woman's heart break each time she sobbed for air. "much revered, we would sing together." Everyone's heads lowered at the loss of the family members.

"She waited many breeding cycles to have this calf" Ronal turned louder, not wanting to believe the abhorred odd was made reality in front of her. "The whole clan was so happy for her."