Chapter XXXXXIII

°•. ❃ .•°

̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶    They Stick Together     ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

At'anau looked back from the rocks they sat on and watched on the horizon figures rise above it. She frowned, putting her in-ear monitor in from around her neck, but listened to silence.

The boy frowned from his spot and went to stand up with the girl but was hit by vertigo as his body didn't seem ready to find balance yet. The girl didn't notice as she stood and continued looking at the horizon as the army of Skimwing made it closer to the mothership in the waters.

War cries filled the air as the warriors from the Metkayina clan made their presence known. Tonowari and the Tsahik on the front line as well as the kids' father who was armed similar as the nemesis.

On the ship, humans watched the scenery with their gear up close and identified the man. Quarritch who stood between the children, snapping the monitor from around Lo'ak's neck and putting one of his ear pieces in.

Jake, holding his own weapon different from the natives, looked through the scope of the gun. Tonowari and Ronal waiting for the man to speak what he saw and grew nervous once they watched the man halt and zoom in.

Recognising what they grew up with the Sully kids on the ship looked directly in the range compass of the weapon. And Jake heart froze at the state of his children.

"They have our kids," He spoke through clenched teeth and the two parents beside him listened with a scowl on their face. "Your daughter," Tonowari couldn't hold his distaste and growled, hissing as the pregnant mother gasped and breathed desperately in anxiety. "Tuk, Lo'ak."

"Jake," The sound of the unfamiliar voice rang through the intercom. "tell your friends to stand down." At'anau on the other side of the water was sat still on the boulder as her blood ran cold. The voice recognisable, but not enough to identify.

"You want your kids back," he louded "you come out alone." At'anau closed her eyes in aggravation, dreading the state of her siblings as she looked at the ship in the distance and held on to the ear piece so she wouldn't miss a single exchange of words.

Ao'nung watched the girl's jaw clench at words he could make up lightly and simply waited, his head in pain with pressure in his head pounding to get out and the words he tried making out from the girl's in-ears.

"You know better than to test my resolve." Jake lowered his weapon, defeat and sorrow written on his face as he thought back on the many times his wife and even his daughter told them to prepare for the day folding out.

Jake had no plan working against the people who had prepared for the battle in front of them. He knew what they were capable of, which was the only reason he hadn't called out the commence of a fight. So Jake knew indeed better than to test their resolve, and simply cursed himself for being so naive to think they had more time.

"I took you under my wing, Jake" The voice through the intercom darkened by the past "you betrayed me," The memories were unlocked "you killed your own," The Sully children who were aware of the past finally knew who the man was and fury grew with fear. "good men, good women." he pushed the barrel of the gun harder against the back of Lo'ak's head "I will not hesitate to execute your kid."

Jake breathed heavily, desperation in his voice as he pressed the button on is intercom "Just wait one."

At'anau's voice bounced off the rocks around them as she screamed in infuriation. Ao'nung watching the girl who had stood up pace in distress by the words coming through the shared device.