Chapter XXXXIII

°•. ❃ .•°

̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶      Validation         ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

The girl returned back on land, her siblings all joined in their tent as they were ready to end the day. 

The father seemed to have been expecting the girl that returned and in need of something to say, but kept it to himself for a little longer. 

 As usual Tuk was the first to greet the girl. Motioning for her to sit with her. 

She watched the other girl who had been quiet, but standing back on both her feet securely help their mother prepare the evening's dinner. The father joining in the aid to keep himself busy. 

Neteyam had asked how she had spent her day, to which she had to scratch her neck, the touch on her lips ghosting on her skin as she nodded her head and summarised it shortly. 

The boy listened, grateful his sister was at least talking to him more than the couple of words she granted him every now and then. 

The father listened to the kids' conversation, At'anau asking after Lo'ak, who had kept beside them quietly, and his day. Not having much to say which the father was allowed to hear he didn't have a long story to tell and both siblings understood. 

At'anau stayed quiet, mind wandering on something else, or rather someone else. She wondered on what he would be doing now or what his implications were. 

"How you feeling ?" Jake pulled his daughter out of her thoughts as he took her silence as trouble. 

The girl looked beside her to assure it was her whom the man was speaking to and answered "good." she nodded, reaching to fidget with the necklace Tuk had gifted her but only touching her bare skin. 

At'anau thought about how her sister hadn't given her something else in compensation, maybe with the thought she'd lose that as well. At'anau was bothered by that thought but didn't blame her if it would be the truth. 

"Norm told me you didn't want to get checked up." The girl's ear twitched at the mentioning of the man that eventually did go to her father after she asked him not to do so. 

They all seemed to be worried for the girl who knew that if she did something remotely wrong, her well being would be completely looked over in a second. 

"I promise," she stated, throwing whatever was on the table in her mouth. "I'm fine."  

Jake nodded, letting quietness fill the room which Neytiri allowed purposely. The man looked at his wife who initiated he'd commence speaking the needed instead of walking around the subject. 

At'anau tried to swallow the nervousness she got by the environment she sat in as neither of her siblings said anything else. 

Neteyam passed his sister something the mother made in addition of the fish she detested and the girl took it. Not moving from the brother's side as she felt her father's eyes still on her. 

Jake swallowed when his wife once again flicked her tail on his back swiftly to quit stalling around. 

"The chief had a request regarding you." finally the father spoke and At'anau's gaze lifted. She looked at the father whose unsatisfied view dropped down instead of meeting hers.