Chapter: XXXXXVI

°•. ❃ .•°

̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶      All for One     ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

This time At'anau followed her brother's footsteps to the unknown

The sound of their bare feet on the hot metals was muffled out by the sound of the war around them as they ran around the sides of the ship. Crouching down when passing windows to stay out of sight, but forced the run back to their previous spot when the ship wouldn't come to an halt and the sky scraping boulder in front of them wouldn't move.

At'anau's feet planted themselves as she watched at the big rock in the small distance, but it almost seemed Neteyam didn't notice.

Looking back at the lack of his sister he called for her and shifted his attention from her to the object in front of them.

With an urge to hurry he called out for the girl again, "come on," he scurried back to the girl and pulled her arm "it'll barely reach, hurry" with that At'anau followed him.

The girl held her body low as the kept running on the silver tiles beneath their feet and the girl stayed on the boy's heals, not questioning where he led her as he, as the oldest, must know.

The girl's head pounded with the lack of answers as to why the ship was not coming to an halt, on the contrary continuing to pick up speed, if her and Ateyo had destroyed two of the four motors.

How could it not have been enough when a man died by the hands of them. All in vein she had lost Ateyo by the failing of the reach for his hand. And if not for the shut down of the mothership, then for what?

Infuriation-fed white knuckles slammed to the side of the walls they sped on towards their siblings and Neteyam looked back at the sister whose fraction of attention was recollected as she blinked the dull ache in her hand away.

Like a hit of reality she was brought back. Her focus redirected from the man lost in vain to the kids they needed to remove from the scene.

Unlike Neteyam had hoped for the tall rocks in the waters neared closer and didn't seem to curve away from the the iron side-wing they stood on.

At'anau rushed her brother to continue quicker to the front of the the ship while they were still undiscovered and ignored the shadow of the boulder looming over them, engulfing the two and making its presence acknowledged.

Quicker than they anticipated the berg inched closer, but At'anau ignored it as her brother displayed to do so as well.

Neteyam relied on adrenaline in his system as he feared there would be a distance as close as a strand of hair between them if they would be able to jump through the crevice of the ship and rock.

But that grain of hope flew behind them away when the boy halted in his feet and swallowed.

At'anau almost crashing against his back shifted on her feet nervously, eyeing her brother for a reaction, before back at the rock which had started scraping on the side of the ship.

Destroying the iron and coming closer towards them.

Beneath them awaited rocky waters they wouldn't survive jumping into, and the metal beneath her feet continued burning.

Back was no option, neither was down or to the front, so her eyes went up.

Her tail flicking against the brother who didn't get a second to think turned around to the girl who calculated the distance between them and the roof of the ship.